What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.7 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

having an UI problem since 384.7
just like someone does mention before
Internet status shown: Disconnected.
But actually it is connected and internet works fine, any idea it is an ASUS bug or not?
[UPDATE: CONFIRMED IT IS AN ISP ISSUE. ISP: NETVIGATOR (HKT)]

123122_16975067599a486247043e0b27c9bca7.png

Last edited:
But actually it is connected and internet works fine, any idea it is an ASUS bug or not?

Hooray Alex you made my day! I thought I was going crazy...been on the email and Phone to PCCW/HKT, they keep saying "not their problem" as this is a 3rd party Router. See here https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...onstantly-dropping-internet-connection.49679/ for description and tests.

Except for me, I keep getting disconnects on 384.7_2; only sometimes does the internet continue (despite the message there is no Internet).

k.

Last edited:
Hooray Alex you made my day! I thought I was going crazy...been on the email and Phone to PCCW/HKT, they keep saying "not their problem" as this is a 3rd party Router. See here https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...onstantly-dropping-internet-connection.49679/ for description and tests.

Except for me I kept getting disconnects on 384.7_2.

k.
Related discussion in Cantonese:
Think you should able to understand :)
https://www.hkepc.com/forum/viewthread.php?fid=12&tid=2469541&extra=page=1

Hi everybody,
I'm continuing to experience bad connection from RT-AC87 to Synology DS718+.

Everything is working fine under 380.69_2, but under 384.7_2 and intermediate, I can't reach the NAS from LAN, browse the device from Windows 10 or from Android DS apps. Sometimes I can connect it using Chrome, and sometimes still visible using synology assistant, other times nothing!

Reverting to 380.69_2 everything start to work immediately like a charm!

Any other have any issue with RT-AC87 & Synology NAS?

Thanks for your kindly reply!

I started to have actual (not just displayed) WAN disconnects with _7, too. The router needs a reboot to restore the connection.

Everything is working fine under 380.69_2, but under 384.7_2 and intermediate, I can't reach the NAS from LAN, browse the device from Windows 10 or from Android DS apps. Sometimes I can connect it using Chrome, and sometimes still visible using synology assistant, other times nothing!

Reverting to 380.69_2 everything start to work immediately like a charm!
Did you check the SMB protocol version. The default changed in 380.70.
Code:
380.70 (8-Apr-2018)
  - CHANGED: Samba protocol support can now be set to
             SMBv1, SMBv2, or SMBv1 + SMBv2 (the new default).
             This will result in a performance drop on all
             models, but will be more secure.
             Ideally, people should change it to SMBv2 only,
             and then reboot all their client devices to start
             using only the new protocol.
             If performance is more important than security to
             you, then you can switch it back to SMBv1, which is
             the old default behaviour.

Sorry I'm not particularly up to speed with everything in here, but having sifted through the 23 pages, if I am behind a Huawei GPON HG8040H Modem Terminal for Fibre (it is setup using Automatic IP and which I cannot access despite trying many IP Address) am seeing issues in my logs even after clearing whereby the date reverts to 5 May on disconnects, then to current date, should I try to Disable DNSSEC as suggested by bbunge above? thanks k.

Last edited:
am seeing issues in my logs even after clearing whereby the date reverts to 5 May on disconnects, then to current date,
The 5th May date is the default date that the router has when it first boots up. After it has got a connection to the internet it corrects the date and time. If you are seeing this 5th May date in your logs it means your router has rebooted, which is entirely different from just loosing the WAN connection.

The 5th May date is the default date that the router has when it first boots up. After it has got a connection to the internet it corrects the date and time. If you are seeing this 5th May date in your logs it means your router has rebooted, which is entirely different from just loosing the WAN connection.
Thank you very much Colin, now understood.

Did you check the SMB protocol version. The default changed in 380.70.
Code:
380.70 (8-Apr-2018)
  - CHANGED: Samba protocol support can now be set to
             SMBv1, SMBv2, or SMBv1 + SMBv2 (the new default).
             This will result in a performance drop on all
             models, but will be more secure.
             Ideally, people should change it to SMBv2 only,
             and then reboot all their client devices to start
             using only the new protocol.
             If performance is more important than security to
             you, then you can switch it back to SMBv1, which is
             the old default behaviour.

Hi ColinTaylor,

Thanks a lot for your help...but didn't help me!
Upgraded to 384.7_2 again, changed from SMBv1+SMBv2 to SMBv1 on RT-AC87.
Inside the Synology NAS changed service files config from SMBv1/SMBv3 to SMBv1/SMBv1 then to SMBv1/SMBv2 have just only the choice of SMBv1 (Compatible with all my devices).
Rebooted router and devices also, nothing changed. Made some little changes more, but nothing.
Reverted back to 380.69_2...and also NAS config...it's ok...I'm not able to find where I am wrong!

Any other idea?

Last edited:

You've tried resetting the router settings back to defaults and reconfigure manually? I got this a few versions ago and that fixed it.

You've tried resetting the router settings back to defaults and reconfigure manually? I got this a few versions ago and that fixed it.

Same here, had the issue to on my ac86u but a full factory reset and reconfiguring manually solves it, i'm on latest alpha build.

Last edited:
Download and run Scottie's LAN Scanner Tool. Check which device is the Master Browser. It is this device that needs to be running a SMBv1 name server, which is not necessarily always going to be the router or your NAS.
Remember the other change that went in....if you are trying to use the router as either Master Browser or WINS server, you MUST also enable sharing for those options to work (On the older code, it enabled sharing anyway without telling you).

I am trying to upgrade from 384.6 to 384.7_2 using the UI.

When I upload the firmware from Administration > Firmware Upgrade, it hangs on "Please wait, Applying Settings..." and never updates anything.

I have configured the router quite a bit and it is frustrating to do it all over after doing a factory rest. I have Diversion and Skynet with lot custom whitelists.

Can i flash the firmware from SSH using mtd-write2?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!