What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.7 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Will ddns need to be reconfigured or are your existing settings moved over to the new ddns client being used? Thanks!

Hoping Asus adds 56u support so future Merlin releases can support it too.

Will ddns need to be reconfigured or are your existing settings moved over to the new ddns client being used? Thanks!

Depends how you are configuring it. If it's configured through the webui, then it's all transparent. Only people using custom scripts will need to adapt them.

Hoping Asus adds 56u support so future Merlin releases can support it too.

Asus has put the RT-AC56U on their end of life list, so it's unlikely to receive any further update.

Did a reboot this morning
Code:
Oct 10 06:44:56 ntp: start NTP update
Oct 10 06:47:47 rc_service: ntp 516:notify_rc restart_diskmon

and again
Code:
Oct 10 10:04:55 ntp: start NTP update
Oct 10 10:06:52 rc_service: ntp 521:notify_rc restart_diskmon

Last edited:
Hi @RMerlin!

Can you add a wake-up function on a schedule?
I can add schedules myself,
echo "* * * * * ether-wake -i br0 AA:AA:AA:AA:AA:AA" >> /var/spool/cron/crontabs/admin
but they are deleted after reboot router.

Attachments

• WakeUP.jpg
    WakeUP.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
Did a reboot this morning
Code:
Oct 10 06:44:56 ntp: start NTP update
Oct 10 06:47:47 rc_service: ntp 516:notify_rc restart_diskmon

and again
Code:
Oct 10 10:04:55 ntp: start NTP update
Oct 10 10:06:52 rc_service: ntp 521:notify_rc restart_diskmon
Thank you very much for your feedback! :)

Im having an issue with my AC86U where it's apparently not taking the upgrade. Currently Im on 384.6, ive tried updating to 384.7 twice, it goes through the whole upgrade bar, says i need to reboot manually, and then it's still on 384.6. Is there a log somewhere I should post?

Im having an issue with my AC86U where it's apparently not taking the upgrade. Currently Im on 384.6, ive tried updating to 384.7 twice, it goes through the whole upgrade bar, says i need to reboot manually, and then it's still on 384.6. Is there a log somewhere I should post?
Just throwing this out. Make sure you’re using the correct firmware: RT-AC86U_384.7_0_cferom_ubi.w

Folks sometimes download 68U by mistake. The .trx file extension is incorrect for the 86U.

Hi @RMerlin!

Can you add a wake-up function on a schedule?
I can add schedules myself,

but they are deleted after reboot router.

Create a user script to set up the cron job.

No, nothing like that.
Try rebooting the router and flashing right away. It could be memory related, or install AMTM and add a swap file as the AC86U has issues like that.

Had same issue on my AC68R router, i turn off (unplugged it) router for 10 secs, once it booted up i pressed reset and it was showing the latest fw.

Too bad, was hoping to see some of those new features. Now it's time to upgrade again, the 1900P I tried lasted only 2 weeks. Maybe a lower cost, new model will show...
Right now the best buy for your dollar is the AC66U rev.B1 it is the same hardware as a AC68U and is 100% supported by @RMerlin. Check your local Tech Store or shop online for deals. They come pretty cheap.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!