What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.7 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Update:

As above, seemed to have fixed it by rebooting my ISP modem.

Never had that happen before, does anyone know why that would occur?

**ok all up and running fine now.

One issue but may be a setting, when I reboot my ac86u it disables my guest network, I have to re-enable it?

Thanks for the update Merlin.
I recently picked up a docsis 3.1 from my ISP for a faster speed upgrade. When I connected the new modem, initially it was fine and just a couple of minutes later router was warning of a dhcp issue. This was on 384.7 beta3.

Modem then rebooted on its own and it reconnected just fine. I rebooted the router just for good measure. I haven’t had an issue since, even when upgrading to 384.7 final yesterday.

I recently picked up a docsis 3.1 from my ISP for a faster speed upgrade. When I connected the new modem, initially it was fine and just a couple of minutes later router was warning of a dhcp issue. This was on 384.7 beta3.

Modem then rebooted on its own and it reconnected just fine. I rebooted the router just for good measure. I haven’t had an issue since, even when upgrading to 384.7 final yesterday.

Sound's like a change in 384.7 maybe, I hadn't tried any of the 384.7 betas, so maybe that's why I only encountered this issue today when updating from 384.6, anyway all good now it seems.

Thanks

Anyone else having problems with the 87U package? I've downloaded it twice but the upload fails.
No problem here. But I have to disable JFFS custom scripts, reboot and than I can attempt an update. If I don't do this than the router just sits there with a message that an update is in progress with no progress bar displayed. After the update I enable JFFS scripts again, turn router off for a 1min and than it all worked.

Dirty updated my RT-86U and my RT-68U (From 384.7 Beta 3) without issue. Running nicely. Thanks @RMerlin.

Last edited:
Hi ! It was able to chose multiple languages at 384.6, but there're only English and Chinese (simplified) can be chosen at 384.7, all other languages are missing !

Dirty update to 384.7 from 384.6.

Hi ! It was able to chose multiple languages at 384.6, but there're only English and Chinese (simplified) can be chosen at 384.7, all other languages are missing !

Languages are now closed source and merlin can no longer see the code to manipulate it like he used to. Asus is forcing certain languages with specific devices retailed in specific locations. Be careful when purchasing online.

Merlin deserves incredible credit. Im unwatching thred for the time being as were at 3 pages of thanks and few issues. Likenother threads youve got to red for days to find anything useful. Thanks should be avoided as much as off topic imo

updgraded my ac5300 from 7_beta1. Upgrade went flawless, nothing to mention on reboot. Working as designed. Thanks Eric for another great firmware!

Just updated from fw version 380.70 (worked perfectly!) to 384.7. Restored to factory defaults and started from scratch.

My problem now is that uPnP Media Server (mini dlna) won't work as expected. I have exactly the same setup, connected usb flash drives and Media Server paths manually configured as with 380.70. When I go to Media Server tab, Media Server Status goes immediately from "Idle" to "Scanning.." . And it seems that the scanning never ends? I have only some 20 gigabytes of video files shared (usb flash drives connected to router).

When I open my Asus media server with my Sony TV or Windows 10 Pro computer and browse folders, only some of the files are available. Not all of them. However, I have full access to all the files via samba share.

Efficient multicast forwarding (IGMP Snooping) is enabled (LAN - IPTV).

I have tried "Rebuild entire database at start" -setting (Yes). And rebooted router several times. Cold boots as well. Won't help.

I also deleted manually the .minidlna-folder.

edit: Moved some files away from Media Server directories. Now all the remaining directories and files are fully available. Seems that Media Server is allergic to one (or maybe some?) of the video files or folders and won't finish scanning because of it (them?). I just have to investigate which of them causes the problem.

I haven't added or changed any files lately. With 380.70 all files were OK and didn't cause any trouble. Wonder why updating the fw of the router changed the situation...?

edit 2: Found the file which caused the scanning to hang. It is a normal .mkv-file, size 100 MB, date 22. December 2017. The file is OK and you can play it without errors, but now the Media Server somehow won't swallow it.

Last edited:
I don't know what's going on, but after I update my RT-AC87U, my firmware remains at 384.5 instead of going to 384.7. Tried it twice and it's still stuck with old version. Update check also keeps showing like there is new version. What gives?

I don't know what's going on, but after I update my RT-AC87U, my firmware remains at 384.5 instead of going to 384.7. Tried it twice and it's still stuck with old version. Update check also keeps showing like there is new version. What gives?

And remove any drives attached to the router if any.

I always dismount all drives before updating.

Have you removed all usb devices and rebooted the router before updating?

edit: too late :)

Languages are now closed source and merlin can no longer see the code to manipulate it like he used to. Asus is forcing certain languages with specific devices retailed in specific locations. Be careful when purchasing online.
I will ! Thank you ! My device is 68u which flashed from tm-ac 1900

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!