What's new

AdGuardHome [RELEASE] Asuswrt-Merlin-AdGuardHome-Installer (AMAGHI)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

May want to provide screenshots of what you mean. It requires you to retype the password as confirmation. It may be failing on your retype. Or if you type nothing in at all.
1647967091198.png

guys, you can see the pic, i dont know whats wrong

It tells you what's wrong. Invalid username or password.

View attachment 40307
guys, you can see the pic, i dont know whats wrong
it looks like whatever password you made in the SSH terminal is not working. I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling, but this time try a simple password and be precise when typing in your username. A simple password will suffice just as much as a complex one since your password is converted to an unreadable HASH in the .yaml file. See if it is the "password" that is the problem. As @L&LD has pointed out, it may be either the password is wrong, or you misstyped your username when configuring.

Morning,

I cant seem to access the web interface after a reboot and comes up with a dead result when checking its status via SSH, works after sending a start command via SSH.

Commands used;

/opt/etc/init.d/S99AdGuardHome check
/opt/etc/init.d/S99AdGuardHome start

Any ideas for troubleshooting or a fix please.

Currently have this and Skynet installed via AMTM, apart from this a very vanilla setup.

tagging @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow

Regards,
Kieran..

Last edited:
Morning,

I cant seem to access the web interface after a reboot and comes up with a dead result when checking its status via SSH, works after sending a start command via SSH.

Commands used;

/opt/etc/init.d/S99AdGuardHome check
/opt/etc/init.d/S99AdGuardHome start

Any ideas for troubleshooting or a fix please.

Currently have this and Skynet installed via AMTM, apart from this a very vanilla setup.

tagging @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow

Regards,
Kieran..
What methods are you trying to determine your success to be failures? And which web interface are you referring to? Please provide full details of your very vanilla setup including your settings on the DNS page of adguardhome, and your settings on the router. I need a little more to go with in my endeavors to try to reproduce your conditions as I am not experiencing these issues you are.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for adding this into Amtm.

It seems to have worked out of the box and so not had to get my head around anything tricky.

Now using this, will see how we get on before deciding between AGH or Diversion.

Before to install, can this be installed together with diversion ?
If yes, is there any precautin to be used to have them both working at the same time ?

Before to install, can this be installed together with diversion ?
If yes, is there any precautin to be used to have them both working at the same time ?
Diversion can run on the same router but only adguardhome will be used for DNS since it will occupy port 53 which is a default behavior for adguardhome. Since diversion uses dnsmasq it will be bypassed since dnsmasq no longer occupies port 53. You can however still use YouTube adblock of diversion by pointing all Google video domains to be passed to dnsmasq instance which runs at port 553.

Also if you want to use the pixelservtls instance ran by diversion for adblocking, there is away tell adguardhome to use pixelservtls ip address as blocking address used under adguardhomes dns setting custom block ip.

I also made a tutorial guide on using pixelservtls on the main addon forum using the adguardhome prefix. It is not a required addition though, but serves as a point of interest for technical dabblers

Thanks for all your help. How do you add the mmoti regex filters to ADGuard home? I google that this is for Pi-hole? https://github.com/mmotti/pihole-regex
The mmotti filters for adguardhome are found on this github

I suggest cruising over to adguardhomes official github and taking a look at their wiki on how to add and remove list and filters. Other wise we may be at the mercy of others who have better tutorial skills than I.( not that I can't tutorial, just away from my setup right now. )

What methods are you trying to determine your success to be failures? And which web interface are you referring to? Please provide full details of your very vanilla setup including your settings on the DNS page of adguardhome, and your settings on the router. I need a little more to go with in my endeavors to try to reproduce your conditions as I am not experiencing these issues you are.

AGH web UI working now,

Gave the workstation a fresh Linuix install (Kubuntu 20.10 to Fedora WS 35) which included a fresh Firefox install by default

Even tried a router reboot and AGH working as it should be.

Anyways thanks to @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow for the prompt reply :)

Regards, Kieran..

I think we're going to need a Diversion vs Adguard comparison :)
Did anyone ever take a swing at this? I guess I'm trying to decide between the two (or would layering both be a good idea? Too much strain on the router?)

The important items are probably performance, system impact (RAM usage, cpu usage, etc), features (I've seen the adguard home vs. pi hole list), and ease of use/workflow with regards to whitelisting blocked items when you need to.

Any comments on any of the above would be great. Hopefully this isn't too far off topic.

Did anyone ever take a swing at this? I guess I'm trying to decide between the two (or would layering both be a good idea? Too much strain on the router?)

The important items are probably performance, system impact (RAM usage, cpu usage, etc), features (I've seen the adguard home vs. pi hole list), and ease of use/workflow with regards to whitelisting blocked items when you need to.

Any comments on any of the above would be great. Hopefully this isn't too far off topic.
What I can say is running Diversion +Pixel TLS my router rmemory (AC5300) runs at almost 100% . I have a swapp file in a 32 GB samsung 3,0 .. Uninstalled both and installed ADguard home and is running like butter at 60 % memory, low cpu usage and the most important thing, I love the UI

There is no added benefit of layering both, and the way this installer works, dnsmasq is placed at port 553 and adguardhome is placed on port 53. So clients use adguardhome directly completely by passing diversion. If you decide you want to keep diversion using its smaller block list, you can still point the Google video domains back at dnsmasq; this will allow users to still leverage diversions YouTube ad block feature. Also, if you want to take advantage of pixelservtls installed by diversion, you would simply tell adguardhome to use pixelservtls as the blocking IP. BTW this thread is about adguardhome if that is what you meant by layering, then I just explained all the possibilities above. If you are talking about using adguard dns servers with diversion, then you may want to start a different thread, but as far as I know you can layer adguard dns servers with diversion, but there may not be any added bonus if diversion blocks the ad before adguard dns. It is hard to say if there would be any benefit at all unless you knew what both servers were blocking.

Again, if we're getting way to far off topic here, I apologize.

Does AGH also have the functionality of skynet?