What's new

AdGuardHome [RELEASE] Asuswrt-Merlin-AdGuardHome-Installer (AMAGHI)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You may have to try the reset process again. You don't want to use an extremely long password. And be precise with what you type, otherwise getting either the username or password you created in the terminal wrong when attempting to login will result in a 400 error. You need to not only be precise, but also exact. Try not to use any weird characters at first to eliminate that as being the issue.

Also make sure you have ran the installer update process before attempting to use the password reset option.
Thank you for your help. Sadly that did not work. I rebooted the router and it took ages before I could get into the webUI again (only showed up after resetting the login credentials again). I noticed after resetting the credentials that I got these messages:

Code:
/opt/etc/AdGuardHome/installer: line 1096: /opt/bin/bcrypt-tool: not found
 Info:  Checking AdGuardHome configuration...
 Info:  Starting AdGuardHome...
 Checking AdGuardHome...              dead.
awk: /proc/2603/cmdline: No such file or directory
awk: /proc/2529/cmdline: No such file or directory
 Checking AdGuardHome...              alive.
 Info:  Please wait while we perform one last check.
 Info:  AdGuardHome setup is complete.

I don't know if that has something to do with it?

Thank you for your help. Sadly that did not work. I rebooted the router and it took ages before I could get into the webUI again (only showed up after resetting the login credentials again). I noticed after resetting the credentials that I got these messages:

Code:
/opt/etc/AdGuardHome/installer: line 1096: /opt/bin/bcrypt-tool: not found
 Info:  Checking AdGuardHome configuration...
 Info:  Starting AdGuardHome...
 Checking AdGuardHome...              dead.
awk: /proc/2603/cmdline: No such file or directory
awk: /proc/2529/cmdline: No such file or directory
 Info:  Please wait while we perform one last check.
 Info:  AdGuardHome setup is complete.

I don't know if that has something to do with it?
Run Option 1 of the installer first.

To be clear. So you still get the same errors using option 3 of the installer, after running option 1 of the installer.
Yes. I tried these things so far:
1. Run option 1 and then option 3. No change.
2. Reboot the router and try step one again. No change.
3. Try both steps with a simple short password. Still nothing.

I am running a RT-AC87U with Merlin 384.13_10 and amtm 3.2.3.

Yes. I tried these things so far:
1. Run option 1 and then option 3. No change.
2. Reboot the router and try step one again. No change.
3. Try both steps with a simple short password. Still nothing.

Okay what is the output of your terminal when you type

opkg list | grep python

And

opkg list-installed | grep python

Last edited:
What does this question actually mean? "Do you want to redirect only NON-CUSTOM DNS resolutions on your network through to AdGuardHome"
Is it an option so i can force all DNS through AdGuard except request for example NTP hostname lookup?

What does this question actually mean? "Do you want to redirect only NON-CUSTOM DNS resolutions on your network through to AdGuardHome"
Is it an option so i can force all DNS through AdGuard except request for example NTP hostname lookup?
Obviously it would have nothing to do with NTP, that has nothing to do with DNS. Ntp is port 123, dns is port 53. Non-custom means that it will leave your custom rules on dnsfilter page alone. Otherwise it will clear them. (a.k.a. your dnsfilter client list.)

Last edited:
Obviously it would have nothing to do with NTP, that has nothing to do with DNS. Ntp is port 123, dns is port 53. Non-custom means that it will leave your custom rules on dnsfilter page alone. Otherwise it will clear them.
Ok.
Well, i will have to set NTP hostname to IP or unbound will not start at boot. Was hoping that this would exclude the NTP servers

Okay. I don't see the difference because I don't have this issue, but you obviously know what you must do for your setup. Hope all works out.
You dont think that this needs an overlook? Im pretty sure its more people than me that has an issue with NTP not being able to do lookups at boot if you run adguard+unbound?
And to set it to IP is just a work around.

Ok.
Well, i will have to set NTP hostname to IP or unbound will not start at boot. Was hoping that this would exclude the NTP servers
Do you happen to have “Wan: Use local caching DNS server as system resolver (default: No)” set to yes? You can set it to no. AGH once started will impose the same effect as yes.

You dont think that this needs an overlook? Im pretty sure its more people than me that has an issue with NTP not being able to do lookups at boot if you run adguard+unbound?
And to set it to IP is just a work around.
If it does needs investigating it is definitely not something for me to solve as i am not experiencing this issue. Good luck.

Do you happen to have “Wan: Use local caching DNS server as system resolver (default: No)” set to yes? You can set it to no. AGH once started will impose the same effect as yes.
Where is this setting?

Aha, all those settings is set to default. "Wan: Use local caching DNS server as system resolver (default: No)" is set to NO.
I have unbound and AGH and do not have such issue. When do you face this issue? Is it before or after install AGH?
Another way you can try is NTP watchdog. You can enable it in scmerlin addons.

I have unbound and AGH and do not have such issue. When do you face this issue? Is it before or after install AGH?
Another way you can try is NTP watchdog. You can enable it in scmerlin addons.

After install of AGH. I choose the option to force all traffic through AGH.