What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I have the Problem, that when i play cs go with the new script the traffic of the game goes into Unidentified traffic, how can i fix this ?

With the old script, all worked really well

Hello

I have the Problem, that when i play cs go with the new script the traffic of the game goes into Unidentified traffic, how can i fix this ?

With the old script, all worked really well

The destination between the old and new script should be the same. Maybe it was a recent definitions update on the trendmicro side.

Either way, not a big deal. Use the gaming rule.

@FreshJR I should add that I have not enabled any special gaming rules other than what is default with regard to my previous posts if that helps any. you have any way to look into this or some WILD commands I can enter to assist you to diagnose it? lol

Does cs go hast to go into the category Game Transferring or Gaming ?
And whats the different between the two ?

Does cs go hast to go into the category Game Transferring or Gaming ?
And whats the different between the two ?
well the gaming is for gaming data like when yur playing fps games like call of duty.. you need your game data getting thru asap.. game transferring was created to mitigate the gaming downloads that aren't really priroity

@FreshJR I should add that I have not enabled any special gaming rules other than what is default with regard to my previous posts if that helps any. you have any way to look into this or some WILD commands I can enter to assist you to diagnose it? lol

That’s already on my list of things to change next release. But I haven’t had time to work on it yet. It’s a minor or change and for the time being you can fix it via the following.

Code:
iptables -D POSTROUTING -t mangle -o $wan -m mark --mark 0x40080000/0xc03f0000 -p tcp -m multiport --sports 80,443 -j MARK --set-mark ${Default_mark_up} &> /dev/null   #Gaming - (Outgoing "Gaming" traffic to WAN destinations ports 80 & 443 -->  Defaults//GameDownloads)

iptables -A POSTROUTING -t mangle -o $wan -m mark --mark 0x40080000/0xc03f0000 -p tcp -m multiport --sports 80,443 -j MARK --set-mark ${Default_mark_up}

Should be dports

Last edited:
That’s already on my list of things to change next release. But I haven’t had time to work on it yet. For the time being you can fix it via the following.

Code:
iptables -D POSTROUTING -t mangle -o $wan -m mark --mark 0x40080000/0xc03f0000 -p tcp -m multiport --sports 80,443 -j MARK --set-mark ${Default_mark_up} &> /dev/null   #Gaming - (Outgoing "Gaming" traffic to WAN destinations ports 80 & 443 -->  Defaults//GameDownloads)

iptables -A POSTROUTING -t mangle -o $wan -m mark --mark 0x40080000/0xc03f0000 -p tcp -m multiport --sports 80,443 -j MARK --set-mark ${Default_mark_up}

Should be dports
oh kk great ty... just wanted you to be aware of it.. otherwise I cant find anything wrong with current script.. awesome job :)

Hmm i restartet qos, and swithed the priorites, and now i think it works :D

Do you recommend to put my gaming pc in the bandwithmonitor on the highest priority (red block) and the other components like smartphone, my fathers pc on very low ?

Because sometimes when i only play cs go web surfing goes up to 60 pps.
20190408_221621.jpg
20190408_221621.jpg

Now it looks like this?

Attachments

• 20190408_221542.jpg
    20190408_221542.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 287
  • 20190408_221657.jpg
    20190408_221657.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 246
Do you recommend to put my gaming pc in the bandwithmonitor on the highest priority (red block) and the other components like smartphone, my fathers pc on very low ?

No, I do not recommend using device priority at all. (All devices should be default)

Both your gaming question && device priority questions were answered in the first three posts.

I urge everyone to read them before asking duplicate questions.
(I understand language barriers are commonly present here on SNB so its not a big deal)

ok sry just wanted to be sure sry my english is really bad :D

And how can i be sure that if an other person is like surfing in the web or watching videos, that this person is not getting priority, or lets even say more bandwith ?

Because the Paket rate of web surfing goes sometimes higher than the gaming paket rate.

And how can i be sure that if an other person is like surfing in the web or watching videos, that this person is not getting priority, or lets even say more bandwith ?

Test.

The Pie Graphs on the classification page are accurate. You can believe them.

First post instructed you to use dslreports speedtest to check QoS performance.

--

If WebSurfing is 60pps and you think its counter strike, then you can check what connections are opened in that category.

CS game traffic is on ports 27015 (or something similar seen when connecting to the server).
If WebSurfing has port 27015 connections, then it is probably counter strike.
If WebSurfing doesn't have port 27015 connections, it is something else.

I did the qos Performance check.
So there is no way to say lets take all the other devices to low priority or just that they dont geht the full amouth of bandwith if they need it ?

Because the Paket rate of web surfing goes sometimes higher than the gaming paket rate.

They wont, as long as your gaming traffic priority is above 'Web surfing' 'Others' and 'Video and Audio Streaming'.
Looking at your original screenshots it looks like you are good to go, nothing to worry about.

Thanks Gazza

I did the qos Performance check.
So there is no way to say lets take all the other devices to low priority or just that they dont geht the full amouth of bandwith if they need it ?

Just make sure you DO NOT use device priority and everything will work good.

Is there a way that i can set all devices to the default priority because right now i can only change the priority if it is connected to the internet :D

That’s already on my list of things to change next release. But I haven’t had time to work on it yet. It’s a minor or change and for the time being you can fix it via the following.

Code:

Should be dports

well updated and tested.. this corrected the issue ty fresh :)

Is there a way that i can set all devices to the default priority because right now i can only change the priority if it is connected to the internet :D

I do NOT know where where device priority is saved.

You will have to find all the devices as they connect over time or factory reset. I don't think anyone here knows where its saved.

Ah i found it thax for the help ;D sry it not easy for me all this people here that know all the basics of programming etz :D

@FreshJR, you have mentioned before that you don't recommend enabling QoS for 1Gbps ISP connections.

Is there anything else I can do with regards to QoS on my RT-AC86U?

Maybe you have something coming down the pipe that may address this issue? :)

I don't have anything in the works but it technically is possible to implement a lightweight QOS structure on Asus routers and see how it handles fiber.
(The lightweight system may even perform better on regular connections then adaptiveQoS due to simplicity)

My current recommendation for fiber is still an inexpensive managed switch, placed before your router, that will perform QoS, as I mentioned before. I saw it in action and it performed well.
Costs significantly less then these routers ~$50.

I don't have anything in the works but it technically is possible to implement a lightweight QOS structure on Asus routers and see how it handles fiber.
(The lightweight system may even perform better on regular connections then adaptiveQoS due to simplicity)

My current recommendation for fiber is still an inexpensive managed switch, placed before your router, that will perform QoS, as I mentioned before. I saw it in action and it performed well.
Costs significantly less then these routers ~$50.

Thank you. Could you point me towards a recommended model or manufacturer? I haven't seen any $50 switch that will do QoS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!