What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is wrong. I followed the install guide on the first page, for Merlin users, and Putty doesn't seem to want to accept the copy and paste script.

EDIT: I used the stand alone version, and the msi installer version. Added the router IP and the black window opened up, and that's where I'm stuck at. Does putty need to be ran as Administrator?

EDIT2: Admin didn't work. What's the IP for the 86U? 192.168.1.1 ?

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me. Hopefully, someone else can try.

So one last thing to try is running the installers commands manually via the command prompt and see if they work

Code:
echo dos2unix /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS ^&^& sh /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -install ^&^& read -n 1 -s -r -p "(Press any key to Exit)" > ssh_command

now for the following line, set the 3 CAPS variables to your information

Code:
putty.exe -ssh USERNAME@ROUTERIP -pw PASSWORD -m "ssh_command" -t

Thats what the batch script automates.... and I have no idea why a simple line like that is not triggering. If it works manually, then in theory it should work via the installer.

---

EDIT2: Admin didn't work. What's the IP for the 86U? 192.168.1.1 ?

Your username, password, and router IP are whatever you set them up to be.

We have no way of knowing what you have chosen.

Last edited:
Is there any specific text to write or to write it a certain way or just enter 'username password ipaddress' ?

So one last thing to try is running the installers commands manually via the command prompt and see if they work

Code:
echo dos2unix /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS ^&^& sh /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS -install ^&^& read -n 1 -s -r -p "(Press any key to Exit)" > ssh_command
I don't get the option to pick 1 or 2. It immediately aborts.
Non-RMerlin Firmware Detected
Is this installation for (Stock / Default / Unmodified) Asus firmware? [1=Yes 2=No] :
Invalid Option
ABORTING INSTALLATION
[/quote}

That -t parameter should of made it interactive and allow input letting you choose 1 or 2.

No idea why your setup is acting so goofy. (it is windows afterall and eindows is more often messed up than not)

Maybe others will chime in with their experience, since I have no idea what to change as of now to get the installer working on your setup.

Last edited:
But the box that opens up with the green cursor doesn't allow me to type anything, let alone paste a copy of my password

How does it not allow you to type anything??

I may just delete the installer and everyone will have to follow the manual Linux variant of the instructions.

A simple script that takes 3 inputs and opens 2 programs shouldn’t be so fickle. No idea why your systems are so weird.

I may just delete the installer and everyone will have to follow the manual Linux variant of the instructions.

A simple script that takes 3 inputs and opens 2 programs shouldn’t be so fickle. No idea why your systems are so weird.

I'm thinking I have a setting wrong somewhere.

I have it set like this:

Lan Only
Allow SSH Port Forwarding = No
Same port used on Putty as the one allowed
Allow Password Login = Yes
Allow SSH Brute Force Protection = No
Nothing is filled out in the 'Authorized Keys' field
Idle Timeout = 20

I did change my connection timeouts under Tools/Other Settings. I find when the number of connections lowers I get faster connections to web-pages so I changed, TCP time_wait, close, close_wait, and UDP Unreplied to 1 second.

Same port used on Putty as the one allowed
Does this imply you're not using default 22 on the router? Amend the command like this:
Code:
putty.exe -ssh USERNAME@ROUTERIP SSHPORTNUMBER -pw PASSWORD -m "ssh_command" -t

I wouldn't do that just yet. I think ive seen similar behavior in the past on business workstations with company policies setup disallowing command promt access etc.. its entirely possible this is a very rare case of something similar.

Does this imply you're not using default 22 on the router? Amend the command like this:
Code:
putty.exe -ssh USERNAME@ROUTERIP SSHPORTNUMBER -pw PASSWORD -m "ssh_command" -t

I'm using the default 22 for both putty and on the router.

I'm using the default 22 for both putty and on the router.

Just throwing this in there. You do know that PuTTY doesn't show you typing in your password, correct?

It just seems to be sitting there. You type in your password 'blind' and then hit enter. ;)

Just throwing this in there. You do know that PuTTY doesn't show you typing in your password, correct?

It just seems to be sitting there. You type in your password 'blind' and then hit enter. ;)

No I didn't know that. I find when writing directions that you CANNOT assume people know how to use tools like that, and that's a golden rule when writing directions for anything. Just sayin

@randomName and everyone else.

The commands posted in the last few posts were for @Andy1932 and me trying to debug why the installer isn’t working on his machine.

Everyone else on RMerlin should be good using the curl command.

Everyone’s not on RMerlin should use the manual installer and ideally provide feedback if it works for them or doesn’t.

The manual lines my previous posts were not relavant to setup and should not be followed for installation. They were just for debugging.

Last edited:
Or you can Copy your password from anywhere and then Right-Click it (on your mouse) in PuTTY. Then hit Enter

@randomName and everyone else.

The commands posted in the last few posts were for @Andy1932 and me trying to debug why the installer isn’t working on his machine.

Everyone else on RMerlin should be good using the curl command.

Everyone’s not on RMerlin should use the manual installer and ideally provide feedback if it works for them or doesn’t.

The manual lines my previous posts were not relavant to setup and should not be followed for installation. They were just for debugging.

You do great work for the Asus-WRT community and I'm impressed you are even attempting to support "stock" Asus-WRT. If I were you I'd limit support to Asuswrt-Merlin only, since most "enthusiasts" should be using that anyways!

You do great work for the Asus-WRT community and I'm impressed you are even attempting to support "stock" Asus-WRT. If I were you I'd limit support to Asuswrt-Merlin only, since most "enthusiasts" should be using that anyways!

With asus constantly moving more and more to closed source it may be good to support stock FW as there may come a time when merlin can no longer make the enhancements he does.

@FreshJR or someone can help me? I'm new to FreshQoS, and I'm not seeing everything I'm supposed to. Can someone guide me?

I have installed it into Merlin's FW (384.10_2) using Putty and:
-Turned on QoS on "traditional QoS"
-fq_codel
-WAN Packet Overhead for DOCSIS-
-95% of Up/Down bandwidth.

After QoS started a new tab "Classification" appears and I can filter out per device, but I'm unable to setup category priorities or add to a priority "X" port number/port number range, QoS Modification, etc like the firsts screenshots shown.
Any idea why they are not appearing or how do I access them?

Thanks in advance,

@FreshJR or someone can help me? I'm new to FreshQoS, and I'm not seeing everything I'm supposed to. Can someone guide me?

I have installed it into Merlin's FW (384.10_2) using Putty and:
-Turned on QoS on "traditional QoS"
-fq_codel
-WAN Packet Overhead for DOCSIS-
-95% of Up/Down bandwidth.

After QoS started a new tab "Classification" appears and I can filter out per device, but I'm unable to setup category priorities or add to a priority "X" port number/port number range, QoS Modification, etc like the firsts screenshots shown.
Any idea why they are not appearing or how do I access them?

Thanks in advance,

You are not following the setup guide in the first few posts of this thread. Please ensure you are using Adaptive QoS first...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!