What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway to make traffic on one port the ulitmate priority?
Want all my FIFA and CoD UDP packets to get precedence over everything else.
Not bothered about gaming tcp..

I'm really curious as to in the future update what needs to be adjusted to account for the Mobile Game Mode, QoS category along with the other two modes.

Mabye fresh left some hints on how to add new categories to the script in previous posts.

I'm really curious as to in the future update what needs to be adjusted to account for the Mobile Game Mode, QoS category along with the other two modes.

Mabye fresh left some hints on how to add new categories to the script in previous posts.
The best option we have is someone who understands this forks the GitHub code and continues the work.

I have those two persist connections showing on my QoS:

Code:
tcp
from my internal device IP:52382
To: 185.130.105.100: 89
SU MIT Telnet Gateway

tcp
from my internal device IP:51471
To: 185.130.105.120:89
SU MIT Telnet Gateway

Does anyone have an Idea of what can it be?

I have those two persist connections showing on my QoS:

Code:
tcp
from my internal device IP:52382
To: 185.130.105.100: 89
SU MIT Telnet Gateway

tcp
from my internal device IP:51471
To: 185.130.105.120:89
SU MIT Telnet Gateway

Does anyone have an Idea of what can it be?
A VPN Client?

I don't have any VPN on this particular machine :/

does the process that has this connection open on the internal machine give you a clue?

e.g. network tab in resmon.exe
upload_2020-4-17_13-59-53.png

Last edited:
Now that I've followed the recommended configuration, it does seem to have had a significant stabilising effect on my internet connection (see speed test graphs - the point where I set up the FreshJR Adaptive QoS is pretty evident). Just thought it might be useful to provide this feedback.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 17_04_2020 , 22_09_52.png
    Screenshot - 17_04_2020 , 22_09_52.png
    357.1 KB · Views: 282
@admiral2145 the first few posts of this thread have stayed relevant and continue to do so. :)

I've not ever had any practical issues with my Comcast 275/12 connection, but DSL reports and fast.com both report high buffer bloat for outbound data. After a bit of reading on the buffer bloat topic, I decided to enable QOS in automatic mode with fq_codel. Didn't make any difference on buffer bloat. After reviewing this thread, I enabled manual bandwidth control, and that 100% eliminated the outbound buffer bloat, even with the outbound bandwidth set to 12 mbps.

I guess I can assume that the elimination of the outbound buffer bloat will result in some practical improvement in internet access quality, but not sure when I'll ever see it. Perhaps it will provide value if the outbound bandwidth is saturated for any length of time which is fairly rare. Given that I don't see any obvious internet access quality improvement with QOS, is there any point to running the FreshJR script?

Status
Not open for further replies.