What's new

Restore custom client list to new AX-86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FlyByWire

Regular Contributor
Hi!

I switched router from AC-86U to AX-86U. On the AC I was using nsrum to back up my custom client list. Now I want to restore the list on the AX. Starting amtm I realized, nsrum is no longer supported (due to compatibility reasons). Is there any other way to restore the custom client list?

Hi!

I switched router from AC-86U to AX-86U. On the AC I was using nsrum to back up my custom client list. Now I want to restore the list on the AX. Starting amtm I realized, nsrum is no longer supported (due to compatibility reasons). Is there any other way to restore the custom client list?
Using SSH, you could edit the AX86U custom_clientlist nvram value, with the values from your AC86U. Just copying the custom_clientlist on your AC86U and replacing the one on your AX86U, may not be advisable, being they are two different routers. You need SSH access and a good Linux text editor like Notepad++. Copy the contents of the nvram custom_clientlist on the AC86U and past it in the custom_clientlist nvram value on the AX86U. Then reboot.

Takes a bit to setup but it works slick.

Sorry for being kind of stupid here. I uploaded the custom_clientlist from the old router, and from the new router to my PC. Now I open it (VScode would work?!), and copy everything from the old file to the new one. Then copy that custom_clientlist back to the new router?! Could I not just copy the old cutom_config back to the new router? Seems that the custom_clientlist on the new router is just an empty file?!

Sorry for being kind of stupid here. I uploaded the custom_clientlist from the old router, and from the new router to my PC. Now I open it (VScode would work?!), and copy everything from the old file to the new one. Then copy that custom_clientlist back to the new router?! Could I not just copy the old cutom_config back to the new router? Seems that the custom_clientlist on the new router is just an empty file?!
No the Linux kernel version is different so , I can't say it will work.

The new file is empty because you haven't added custom client names yet.

I save/restore 3 files for reservations, client names and icons (from the default icon set):

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!