What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hmmm.. pardon me then.
I checked for a new FW Sunday unsuccessfully, but just today I had the message that new one is available.

Oh well...

Asus doesn't always publish updates to the auto-update server at the same time as their support site, that would probably be why.

Anyone know if there is a way to have the router's syslogd write to USB storage?

I've been using Visual Syslog Server but I don't want to keep the PC awake to log entries.

A month! A freaking month uptime!
And most stuffs are working!
Not good signal on 2.4, but I can't track when it went south. 2.4 it's not something I'm using daily.
And I can't send feedback from web interface.

But afte 11 months of owning a GT, this is the first month when I'm not forced to reload.
Yeah, plenty of work on Asus' side, but it looks like they are on the right path!

@drabisan agreed! Things are working better for me too but 2.4 still drops on things like Harmony Hub, smart switches everything etc. but like you said better than before for sure. Come on ASUS you can do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought mine a couple months ago and don't have any problems with it like a read from people who bought them when they first came out.
Just wish Merlin could do something with it.

I just want to ask if someone is experiencing wifi performance issues, because I've notice, after the last firmware upgrade, dropping downs of my mobile devices and self ip acquiring . Downgrading for ver. 3.0.0.4.384_32738 had solved that issues.

Yeah I been noticing a bunch what looks like dropped packets on mobile where u try to load something then it just quits transferring seeing it mostly on the Facebook apps and other apps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just want to ask if someone is experiencing wifi performance issues, because I've notice, after the last firmware upgrade, dropping downs of my mobile devices and self ip acquiring . Downgrading for ver. 3.0.0.4.384_32738 had solved that issues.

Ever since the last update when Watching VUDU on my TV I get a lot of buffering and or it tells me it wants to switch to Standard Def. I'm going to assume this is the same issue.

@Vicente Damiani are you talking about 2.4? If so, yes, it's crap in the latest release.
5GHz is rock solid. Bragging: I'm 21 minutes shy of 36 days uptime and I had ZERO problems with any device on 5GHz. Even if I jinx it, it's the first time in 1y to get that uptime with no problems!

First let me appologise for any mistakes, english is not my mother language.
No, I am talking about wireless overall, my issues starts every time my wifi drops out connection or when I am turn back one page on browser or when my devices wakes up, more common on my iphone 8 and my ipad mini 4, other devices have dead slow speed for browsing and sometimes difficulties in get one valid ip from router. Nothing in my setup has changed and when I update I’ve erased nvram and had start from scratch. Sometimes my devices appear on wifi log, but doesn’t connect to internet or extremely low speeds. Dropping outs are frequent

It does look like you're connected to 2.4GHz.
Try using a 5GHz SSID only. Create a new one for 2.4 but don't use it unless some devices are not 5GHz capable. It's better to forget 2.4GHz SSID from devices that can do 5GHz.
If you're using Smart Connect, configure it only for 5GHz radios, not for 2.4.

I’m not using smart connect, in my 2.4 GHz just my printer and Harmony Hub are connecteds. Equally in 5 Ghz-1 and 5GHz-2. Last night, I decided to give another chance to the last firmware and re-flashed to new firmware, but now I decided to manually adreess all my devices IP (without mac filter) and see what happen. This time I’ll maintain QOS off.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!