What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I've heard the firmware .32799 works with the VPN. It's doesn't break. Going to roll back and try that

EDIT: I can confirm going back to 32799, the vpn works as it should

Last edited:
Has anyone realised that the IGMP Snooping option is missing in the IPTV settings? The IGMP Proxy option is there, but not Snooping.

It's ann:(oying as I believe that is what is stopping me from watching IPTV via BT Infinity in the UK. I've done every possible guide to make it work (including setting up my DrayTek Vigor 130 correctly), but its still not working

Yes I also can't believe that IGMP Snooping is missing in IPTV Settings, so it is not allowing my IP TV to function :(:mad:

It is so disappointing that even the cheaper RT-AC5300 has this function. Does anyone know of a workaround? Customer firmware?

Hi All,

Question to you all.
I have the GT, allready the second one and most of the clients are connected to the 2 5Ghz bands.
However some devices here only have 2.4 Ghz receiver and here's the problem.
Persons using those devices do complain about having no connection, drops, ... or even no 2.4 band available.
Also when i'm outside i want to use the 2.4 band because of better range....
So i checked this and indeed the 2.4 band is not stable, connection is there but, all devices on this band report 'no internet' ... after some time...
After reboot of the router it is again working for some time or some days, but then again....
It runs on latest firmware 3.0.0.4.384_45717
Very strange.
I also did some factory resets, flashes of current bios, but that doesn't help either.
What i also noticed, when doing a factory reset, there's no way to connect to the 2.4 G network to configure this router.
The band is only avalaible for 15 sec. and then it goes away... comes back again for 15 sec, in a constant loop.
So you can connect to it but but will be disconnected because the band disappears every 15 sec or so.
Config can only be done on 5G or cable.
After config, the 2.4 band is not looping in the 15 sec interval, but i and up with the no internet stuff, ...
Anybody experiencing the same issue?

The 2.4 GHz band is highly susceptible to radio interference. I would investigate that before considering it to be a hardware issue. Notably, USB 3 devices will generate EM interference in the 2.4 GHz band, so if you have a USB disk plugged on the router, try unplugging it.

Also look for any Bluetooth or other wireless devices that might be too close to your router.

The 2.4 GHz band is highly susceptible to radio interference. I would investigate that before considering it to be a hardware issue. Notably, USB 3 devices will generate EM interference in the 2.4 GHz band, so if you have a USB disk plugged on the router, try unplugging it.

Also look for any Bluetooth or other wireless devices that might be too close to your router.
No usb devices and no BT nearby...
If i hook up my old RT-ac68u, the 2.4 band is rock steady.
None of these issues arise...
My first GT also had similar issues with the 2.4 band but also with one 5G band...

If i hook up my old RT-ac68u, the 2.4 band is rock steady.

Make sure they use the same channel (and also that you are limiting the 2.4 GHz band to 20 MHz). Disabling Airtime Fairness and Beamforming (on the 2.4 GHz band) is also recommended.

Make sure they use the same channel (and also that you are limiting the 2.4 GHz band to 20 MHz). Disabling Airtime Fairness and Beamforming (on the 2.4 GHz band) is also recommended.
Thx for the info Merlin, but all settings are like this with both 68U and GT.
Only the GT has problems on the 2.4 GHz.
Even after factory reset it's impossible to setup the router on 2.4 Ghz.
When i check the internet, i'm not the only one have problems on that band with the GT.
Is it maybe a hardware related issue?

Running that router here with firmware ---Current Version : 3.0.0.4.384_70116-gab4ce5d
Seems to be running pretty smooth, no hiccups- running a USB WD 3TB

Last edited:
I am the only one annoyed the latest firmware is 4 moths old?
I'm cheating myself by thinking they are all-in in building 386. Release that will bring back the second 5GHz radio. And probably will solve world's hunger of energy. Most likely it will be the milestone to cold fusion. And stuff.

But otherwise I'm kinda p...off about no new firmware in 4 months and lack of communication :(

I only have a 50/5 cable connection, 24 wireless devices and do not use any type of VPN. I was giving thought of getting an 86U but.... my little RT-AC68U just keeps chugging along without a bobble. :)

Running firmware 384.70116 seems to be running smooth

Just got an update for the Rog 5300 firmware 384.81099

ASUS GT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.81099
Security fix
- Fixed a DDoS vulnerability. Thanks for Altin Thartori's contribution.

Bug fix
- Fixed web control interface login problem.
- Fixed Network map clist list issues.
- Fixed VPN fusion related bugs.
- Fixed block internet access problem when clients connected to AiMesh node
- Fixed Samba server compatibility issue.
- Fixed OpenVPN related bugs.
- Fixed schedule reboot bugs.
- Improved AiMesh compatibility.
- Improved system stability.
- Fixed User interface related bugs.

ASUS GT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.81099
Security fix
- Fixed a DDoS vulnerability. Thanks for Altin Thartori's contribution.

Bug fix
- Fixed web control interface login problem.
- Fixed Network map clist list issues.
- Fixed VPN fusion related bugs.
- Fixed block internet access problem when clients connected to AiMesh node
- Fixed Samba server compatibility issue.
- Fixed OpenVPN related bugs.
- Fixed schedule reboot bugs.
- Improved AiMesh compatibility.
- Improved system stability.
- Fixed User interface related bugs.

Well, I don't know what VPN Fusion related bugs they fixed but the DNS issues are not fixed. I do not understand why all traffic has to be routed though one DNS address. It renders VPN clients useless for people with TVs that use streaming services like Amazon Prime and Netflix or use DNS family filters. I am beginning to think they will never fix this nor go back to all three radios on Smart Connect. I wish I went with pfsense in the beginning. I didn't realize that there would never be a third party firmware for this router when they first came out and I had no idea Asus firmware support would be so poor. I wanted the 4 cores to support a 1G fiber connection and 3 dozen or so smart home gadgets. Hardware is great but the firmware is lacking.

Traveler

but i found solution to access netflix even if vpn fusion is enabled:
- put my ISP dns as dns in LAN->LAN - DHCP Server-->DNS Server.
-add your device ip LAN->LAN - DHCP Server->Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list and be sure dns server is default
-add your device ip VPN->VPN Fusion->Exception List .

to prevent dns leak when you add your vpn fusion profile add your vpn provider dns.

and now i can access netflix with many vpn fusion profile enabled with dns leak free

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!