What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I think QOS was enabled by default. I disabled it. Also my gt ac5300 is direct connected to my ONT box. Don't know if that makes a difference.

Mine is also connected directly to the ont, I didnt want to use verizons routers so i asked the installer to use a ethernet cable instead of a coax

Mine is also connected directly to the ont, I didnt want to use verizons routers so i asked the installer to use a ethernet cable instead of a coax
What are your speeds if you used Verizon's quantum gateway router with a PC directly connected to it?

What are your speeds if you used Verizon's quantum gateway router with a PC directly connected to it?

I cant check right now as i didnt buy the router but when i complained to verizon they sent out a technician which used one to try the speeds and its was around 800 mbs

It appears the latest beta firmware broke the naming of DHCP static clients again. I tried to rename a device and it kept reverting back to original name.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8

I installed the most recent Beta firmware about 4 days ago and so far it seems solid. I do have 1 complaint about this router and it is the OpenVPN. It is down right pitiful! I can connect but randomly stop moving traffic and when I do pass traffic it is so incredibly slow. Do we know if there is any sort of fix on the way?

Hi All

I am new here and this is my first post.

I have just received Asus GT-Ac5300. I would like to know if anyone have tested firmware Version 3.0.0.4.382.15984? If yes, then any improvements in existing issues.

Thanks

It appears the latest beta firmware broke the naming of DHCP static clients again. I tried to rename a device and it kept reverting back to original name.

Again as in there was a version of firmware where it worked? If so, what version?

Some good deals going on with this unit today: Newegg has it for $249.99 with Promo Code EMCBBCH52.

Good price on Amazon.DE

26900576169_db18cb894a_z.jpg

;)

I almost wanna jump on the nighthawk x10 for because the vpn actually works. This Asus vpn has been borked since it was released. Utter garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost wanna jump on the nighthawk x10 for because the vpn actually works. This Asus vpn has been borked since it was released. Utter garbage.

The X10 is no better. Lan and WiFi has constant connections issues staying connected. I switched from the x10.

I was tempted to do the same as it was $199 on costco but, have heard other issues with the X10 including tons of issues with Plex transcoding. Plex and VPN would be my only desire to switch

The X10 is no better. Lan and WiFi has constant connections issues staying connected. I switched from the x10.

That’s funny because I had the X10 and switched to the Asus....huge regret. I used custom firmware and had no connection issues with it and the VPN worked great. Now the stock firmware was trash so if you are referring to that then I would probably agree.

Great support from Asus on their flagship product, those patches are really flying out the door. :rolleyes:

Lol I love this post! It’s been three months right? Still borked AF.

Yea I have tried everything to get VPN to be "Usable". Nothing is working I am shocked this is still so broken. After browsing some of the forums I have noticed that most issues go untouched for 6+ months in a lot of cases. Is that what I have signed up for coming from Netgear and my Nighthawk r7000?

Skyler why did you get rid of the X10 if it was working so well for you?

Last edited:
Yea I have tried everything to get VPN to be "Usable". Nothing is working I am shocked this is still so broken. After browsing some of the forums I have noticed that most issues go untouched for 6+ months in a lot of cases. Is that what I have signed up for coming from Netgear and my Nighthawk r7000?

Skyler why did you get rid of the X10 if it was working so well for you?

I honestly didn’t know how bad the issues were with the Asus model as my 3 previous routers were all Asus and I never had a problem. Reading the site of the GT A5300 sold me and the 100 dollar price difference helped to. I have a PCE 88 in my desktop and the speed is 2.1Mbps vs the 1.1Mbps with the Netgear. I used custom firmware on the Netgear and loved it I just really wanted the advanced VPN options of the Asus. I guess I can’t have the one option I want with this router.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!