What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Also, going onto the device's control panel will sometimes display this message:

Try doing a complete power cycle of the router, turning it off for 5-10 secs. This message can sometime appear if one of the radios is malfunctioning.

Try doing a complete power cycle of the router, turning it off for 5-10 secs. This message can sometime appear if one of the radios is malfunctioning.
thanks for the response! i'll give it a go after work. It might need a factory reset too tbh - I did power cycle it last night, but the wireless bands still wouldn't let anything connect.

thanks for the response! i'll give it a go after work. It might need a factory reset too tbh - I did power cycle it last night, but the wireless bands still wouldn't let anything connect.

In that case, try a complete electrical reset.

1) Turn it off
2) Unplug the power
3) Turn it back on for 5 secs, to drain any residual charge
4) Turn it off
5) Plug it back
6) Turn it back on

Well just installed mine

The 5ghz signal is a little better compared to my old RT-Ac5300, the smart connector seems not so smart just like at Rt-AC5300

Is anyone using a custom made profile to smart connect to tri band? If yes can send me?

Thanks

This BETA showed vast improvements in regards of WiFi signal. I show full bars now everywhere in my mansion (Very strong signal >100 Mbps according to Android's wifi thing, even in the East Wing.

It' seems snappier as well, but compared to the AIMesh-BETA, the Alexa/IFTT-Implementation went away.

And the renaming of devices based on MAC works again @DarkSorrow

I like this beta, but others look into more details than I do, so don't judge me :D

Mas i just configured mine and used the latest Asus website FW, now that you said that the signal is so better with this one i`m thinking of trying it...

Do you guys think that will take too long to this news Betas come to a stable release and be published at Asus website?

Mas i just configured mine and used the latest Asus website FW, now that you said that the signal is so better with this one i`m thinking of trying it...

Do you guys think that will take too long to this news Betas come to a stable release and be published at Asus website?
Long time. It's been 3 months since Asus pushed a Beta on their site..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8

What`s the real diference using the port 1 or 2 or some other port at the router?
They claim ports 1 and 2 have gaming priority. It doesn't work though for gaming systems from what I can tell. When I plugged my Xbox into 1 or 2 it never could connect to Live. My Gaming laptop however is in Port 1 and has no issues.

In that case, try a complete electrical reset.

1) Turn it off
2) Unplug the power
3) Turn it back on for 5 secs, to drain any residual charge
4) Turn it off
5) Plug it back
6) Turn it back on

Thanks for the help,

I tried this, a couple times, and unfortunately, it still behaved the same way (high ping to the router over ethernet, couldn't connect to the WiFi, control panel acting weird like in the screenshot).

I also tried to factory reset it (i think) by holding down the Reset button for a bit, and still the same behavior.

So... after I went to pick up a new router, as soon as I got back, it was acting fine!! Normal ping, internet working fine, could connect to WiFi...

I'm not really sure what happened or why it was doing that, and what caused it to go back to normal, other than waiting. I'm not sure if it's waiting though, since I kind of had the router on all day yesterday and it never fixed itself once I got back.

I'm not really sure what happened or why it was doing that, and what caused it to go back to normal, other than waiting. I'm not sure if it's waiting though, since I kind of had the router on all day yesterday and it never fixed itself once I got back.

Double check everything you have connected to the router. One misbehaving client can impact your whole network. It can be both a software or a hardware issue - I've seen defective NICs on a computer affect the rest of the LAN in the past.

They claim ports 1 and 2 have gaming priority. It doesn't work though for gaming systems from what I can tell. When I plugged my Xbox into 1 or 2 it never could connect to Live. My Gaming laptop however is in Port 1 and has no issues.

Here it`s taking a while to be ready to navigate at internet when pc boots, i`m at port 1 and with the old RT-AC5300 did not have this issue

So hopefully someone could help me out :D
I have this router (rapture gt-5300), an ac66u, and a linksys wrt3200acm. Im running stock on the rapture, merlins latest build on the ac66u and LEDE on the wrt3200acm. I have a cable modem from charter. The ac66u seems to work great, albeit not the fastest but it maintains a connection and has no issues. My wrt3200acm starts off great but the wireless will kick everyone off randomly, (however wired connections dont break)( this same issue happens on stock firmware and also on dd-wrt) my brand new rapture gt5300 worked amazingly well and is rock stable but every 10 minutes or so will lose connection and then reconnect just like the wrt3200 except the wired connections are also lost. I am so confused by this issues as i have tried factory resets and all different settings and everything. I have a new modem on the way (some 24 stream tp link with good reviews) and will see if that fixes my issue. my only random thought was that maybe i had power supply issues, i am running a ton of stuff from an old battery backup/ups and thought maybe because the ac66u wasnt drawing near as much as the other two it wasnt showing issues. i want to get the gt5300 up and stable, and thats what this thread is actually about so if anyone has any advice on what to try or how to get some logs please let me know. sorry for possible o/t.

thank you

So hopefully someone could help me out :D
I have this router (rapture gt-5300), an ac66u, and a linksys wrt3200acm. Im running stock on the rapture, merlins latest build on the ac66u and LEDE on the wrt3200acm. I have a cable modem from charter. The ac66u seems to work great, albeit not the fastest but it maintains a connection and has no issues. My wrt3200acm starts off great but the wireless will kick everyone off randomly, (however wired connections dont break)( this same issue happens on stock firmware and also on dd-wrt) my brand new rapture gt5300 worked amazingly well and is rock stable but every 10 minutes or so will lose connection and then reconnect just like the wrt3200 except the wired connections are also lost. I am so confused by this issues as i have tried factory resets and all different settings and everything. I have a new modem on the way (some 24 stream tp link with good reviews) and will see if that fixes my issue. my only random thought was that maybe i had power supply issues, i am running a ton of stuff from an old battery backup/ups and thought maybe because the ac66u wasnt drawing near as much as the other two it wasnt showing issues. i want to get the gt5300 up and stable, and thats what this thread is actually about so if anyone has any advice on what to try or how to get some logs please let me know. sorry for possible o/t.

thank you

I had he same issue on my first gtac5300 and returned it for a new one. I recommend you do the same if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had he same issue on my first gtac5300 and returned it for a new one. I recommend you do the same if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate it! I reflashed the latest firmware and got the new modem and now everything is working beautifully. I wonder, any chance Merlin would have a custom firmware for this beast?

I am seriously new to this forum. This may be a dumb question. Is there a Merlin FW for the ROG GT AC5300? I noticed that there is a Merlin FW for the RT AC5300 . Thank you in advance.

No, there is not, nor is it currently on the roadmap.

ggruszynski, thank you for your reply.

Is anyone having issues with dual WAN setup with GT-AC5300? I have ATT Uverse GIG in the WAN port and it works great. I have Spectrum setup on LAN port 5 (setup as backup WAN) and it just cant connect to the ISP: always says "ISP DHCP not functioning properly".

SO when i swap the ATT line to LAN port 5 and the Spectrum line to the WAN port, Spectrum connects just fine and i get the "ISP DHCP not functioning properly" error on the LAN 5 port (configured as backup WAN) with the ATT line.

So i have to conclude that there is nothing wrong with either ISPs and that i am doing something wrong. I have both WAN and LAN port 5 setup for "automatic IP" and to connect to DNS server automatically.

I had the Dual wan setup working for many months on my now retired RT-68U and it worked without a glitch.
Any help would be truly appreciated.

I am seriously new to this forum. This may be a dumb question. Is there a Merlin FW for the ROG GT AC5300? I noticed that there is a Merlin FW for the RT AC5300 . Thank you in advance.
no there is not and no planned suport, merlin has already a milliom times stated his reasons which you can read if you do a fourm search.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!