What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I used that beta and had to roll back because my 5Ghz channel kept going out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have also noticed some weird 5ghz issues. It says it's love and working but I get long pauses in connectivity etc

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Noticed the same...guess wanting to commandeer it for backhaul use even though I don’t have a node set up. I’d been considering selling and getting some sort of mesh even though none out there fit what I want/ need. My old r7000 was way more stable, had better coverage, and speeds were just as good. Hoping this will help get a good, stable firmware that’s useable because hardware-wise, this should be a beast!

Noticed the same...guess wanting to commandeer it for backhaul use even though I don’t have a node set up. I’d been considering selling and getting some sort of mesh even though none out there fit what I want/ need. My old r7000 was way more stable, had better coverage, and speeds were just as good. Hoping this will help get a good, stable firmware that’s useable because hardware-wise, this should be a beast!

Yep this thing is as well specd as you can get its just completely gimped by the shirtty firmware. I wish merlin wanted to work on this. Even merlin firmware on my r7000 was rock solid.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

You guys have tried the firmware posted in this thread ( https://www.snbforums.com/threads/o...r-rt-ac68u-rt-ac86u-rt-ac5300-rt-ac88u.40745/ )? Not sure they've resolved the VPN issues yet, but seems like they're getting updates out every 2-4 weeks on average (although they just released the beta for the GT-AC5300 a few weeks ago).

The issue with that release is it doesn't support yet gt-ac5300 as router. Only as a node. So can't tell by now if any improvements arrived for gt-ac5300. In the near future this model will gain the capability to be a router into an AiMesh so...

Can this router handle VLANs via GUI or command prompt?

At the moment I have only bad experiences with the router, I tried all the latest beta available and with all there are problems not indifferent. I use a PPPoE connection on the GT-AC5300 and connect via WAN to an xDSL modem. With all modem models used, the authentication procedure is performed at variable times or is even not performed. With Netgear DM200 or TP-Link 8968 the connection time varies from a few seconds to a few minutes, while with the Draytek Vigor 130 I can not authenticate the PPPoE connection (via GT-AC5300) even though the DSL modem is aligned, partially mitigated problem , but not resolved, with the beta 18943. The latter has problems of disconnections on the 5 GHz frequencies that make them unusable for online gaming.

I want to also point out an issue I've noticed from day 1. The Lan Ports 1 and 2 are a damn joke! They are supposed to be priority gaming ports but they do NOT work! When I plug my XboxOne X into Lan Port 1 or 2 it will NOT connect to Xbox Live. If it does it can take upto 15-30 minutes before it does. When I plug the XboxOne X into Lan Port 3 it INSTANTLY connects to Xbox Live as soon as the machine powers up!

I want to also point out an issue I've noticed from day 1. The Lan Ports 1 and 2 are a damn joke! They are supposed to be priority gaming ports but they do NOT work! When I plug my XboxOne X into Lan Port 1 or 2 it will NOT connect to Xbox Live. If it does it can take upto 15-30 minutes before it does. When I plug the XboxOne X into Lan Port 3 it INSTANTLY connects to Xbox Live as soon as the machine powers up!
Also have had numerous problems with these ports - When I made any changes to the router the throughput would reduce to a crawl and the only way of rectifying the speed issue was to disable and re-enable the LAN connection in Windows. I think the issue is with the drivers for the Game and Link Aggregation ports.
Don't use these ports anymore.

D
At the moment I have only bad experiences with the router, I tried all the latest beta available and with all there are problems not indifferent. I use a PPPoE connection on the GT-AC5300 and connect via WAN to an xDSL modem. With all modem models used, the authentication procedure is performed at variable times or is even not performed. With Netgear DM200 or TP-Link 8968 the connection time varies from a few seconds to a few minutes, while with the Draytek Vigor 130 I can not authenticate the PPPoE connection (via GT-AC5300) even though the DSL modem is aligned, partially mitigated problem , but not resolved, with the beta 18943. The latter has problems of disconnections on the 5 GHz frequencies that make them unusable for online gaming.
Did you use mpoa bridge mode in the Vigor 130?

HI guys how are you?

I`ll receive my Gt 5300 tomorrow and have one question

Wich FW should i use? The one at the Asus website or some diferent that you guys can recommend and send me the link?

Tks

HI guys how are you?

I`ll receive my Gt 5300 tomorrow and have one question

Wich FW should i use? The one at the Asus website or some diferent that you guys can recommend and send me the link?

Tks

The one on Asus site is your best bet.

Just got this Beta - still in SQ testing.
No idea what the fixes are.
https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/10EE2C959844405692BF375677A60D15Y

Mark
This BETA showed vast improvements in regards of WiFi signal. I show full bars now everywhere in my mansion (Very strong signal >100 Mbps according to Android's wifi thing, even in the East Wing.

It' seems snappier as well, but compared to the AIMesh-BETA, the Alexa/IFTT-Implementation went away.

And the renaming of devices based on MAC works again @DarkSorrow

I like this beta, but others look into more details than I do, so don't judge me :D

I did a reset the other day and the Mac naming worked again. Had to spend an hour setting up everything again..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8

This router has started behaving incredibly weird as of late for me. After working fine for a few weeks, no device is able to connect to the 2.4 / 5 Ghz bands, either the device doesn't see the network or you try to connect to it and it thinks you're providing an incorrect password.

My desktop, which is hooked directly into the device via ethernet barely works. When pinging the router, it's a mix of timeouts or incredibly high pings (it should always be <1ms)
unnamed.png

Also, going onto the device's control panel will sometimes display this message:
unnamed (1).png

It eventually goes away if you keep refreshing.

When in the control panel, the interface is of course incredibly sluggish (it's normally incredibly quick). The device goes in and out of having internet.

I tried that beta firmware provided on this page, but the same issue kept happening. High pings to the router and sluggish web interface / internet (or no loading at all).

Any idea why this could be happening? The logs don't even appear to show anything suspicious either. `syslog(1).txt` is the logs after a full night of it just sitting around doing this crap. Uptime was 15 minutes according to the router, so I guess it might have kept restarting or something.

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    75.5 KB · Views: 474
  • syslog(1).txt
    427 bytes · Views: 310

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!