What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am seriously new to this forum. This may be a dumb question. Is there a Merlin FW for the ROG GT AC5300? I noticed that there is a Merlin FW for the RT AC5300 . Thank you in advance.

No support from Merlin unfortunately. I know it was already answered but I wanted to trigger the last guy further than he already was when he answered you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am still very much on the fence of getting rid of this thing. The random disconnects and overall lackluster performance and reliability are brutal/unacceptable on a $400 router. Id like to try the AI mesh with a 68u when they finally release that firmware for this. Everything with this router is delayed as if Asus does not give a crap that this is their "TOP OF THE LINE" router.

I wonder if they will.make an ax or ad version of this router like the rt ax88.

4 months without a firmware update. I’m sure they are working on something but this is beyond unacceptable. I would buy a different router but it seems as if every router has some sort of issue.

4 months without a firmware update. I’m sure they are working on something but this is beyond unacceptable. I would buy a different router but it seems as if every router has some sort of issue.

I agree. If this was pretty stable I'd be OK with 4 months but this router is far from stable. We should be seeing one every month with fixes. You can't charge someone $400 for a router that doesn't work as advertised then provide essentially no support or updates for months on end.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I agree. If this was pretty stable I'd be OK with 4 months but this router is far from stable. We should be seeing one every month with fixes. You can't charge someone $400 for a router that doesn't work as advertised then provide essentially no support or updates for months on end.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
They still haven't fixed the multiple console port conflict issues yet main reason I'm holding off buying one.

@Vexira, can you please point me to where I can read about the port conflict you're talking about?
I'm curious and I want to do my homework to avoid the problems you're talking about.

Theirs
@Vexira, can you please point me to where I can read about the port conflict you're talking about?
I'm curious and I want to do my homework to avoid the problems you're talking about.
A thread on it in the Merlin section under multiple console and upnp, Merlin fixed it in his firmware but it's not been fixed in stock firmware even though asus had a beta for the 88u that fixed it but they never implemented it. You can't avoid it as per say, if you have two consoles running the same game eg call of duty and they both use the same port number, one copy of the game will get moderate nat the other will get open, it's an issue that as far as I'm aware is not fixed in stock firmware, xbox-one has a work around by letting you change the port the console uses.

Last edited:
I agree

It`s so much better comared to my old RT-AC5300 but it`s so more unstable..... the latest oficial fw is from August, don`t know why so long to release a new one

Theirs

A thread on it in the Merlin section under multiple console and upnp, Merlin fixed it in his firmware but it's not been fixed in stock firmware even though asus had a beta for the 88u that fixed it but they never implemented it.

Thanks for help.
For me it's easy to work around. I'll never have 2 consoles and I never rely on UPNP.
But never say never ;)

Thanks for help.
For me it's easy to work around. I'll never have 2 consoles and I never rely on UPNP.
But never say never ;)
It's not a problem if you have two Xbox-one consoles since the have a work around for the console it self but the games.like call of duty will have an issue one will have moderate nat the other open.

There is a new beta FW out for it. Initial for AiMesh was released last month and new one just today. I have 2 of these currently running in AiMesh and have been pretty happy so far, but haven’t had a chance to really test anything just yet.

Which Beta was released today?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8

What is the changelog in latest beta from Dec 15th?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!