What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Well finally got some time to mess with the router again, running 9.0.0.4.382_19484. Vpn Fusion is up and running on 8 different devices going through NorVPN and two xboxs ones going through the internet. Everything is running stable. I have one xbox on the 5GHz gaming network and one in man port 1. Ping times and connections speeds to the internet almost identical. I did not have the problems desribed above when turning off the wired xbox.

Well finally got some time to mess with the router again, running 9.0.0.4.382_19484. Vpn Fusion is up and running on 8 different devices going through NorVPN and two xboxs ones going through the internet. Everything is running stable. I have one xbox on the 5GHz gaming network and one in man port 1. Ping times and connections speeds to the internet almost identical. I did not have the problems desribed above when turning off the wired xbox.
I do have both xbox one's on the Energy Saving mode

Thanks, RMerlin. Another step closer to picking up this router. Just wish it had your support. Maybe sometime in the future ;)

Cheers

The AiProtection suite is available on many of their models, including the RT-AC86U (the "simpler" model based on the GT-AC5300 platform).

Guys can someone help me? I think this could happen at any model but as i have a Gt one i`ll ask here

I have a HD attached at the router as a media server, but everytime the router reboots the media server status go to scanning and stay like this forever and i cant acess my previous synced media, i have to sync all the things again at my apple tv for example or Infuse like apps, is there a way to fix this scanning thing that makes all the media unavaiable?

Hey Eric any news about you supporting the GT-AC5300 ?
He's already said no a billion times, I doubt he's changed his mind any time soon.
I personally would love support for it but, since he said no one can only dream.

Maybe with the new 384 codebase will hope so :p

I don't mind sending a big donation to see that happen even doing a fund raise, the Merlin frimware is the only reason i buy Asus Router !

I don't mind sending a big donation to see that happen even doing a fund raise, the Merlin frimware is the only reason i buy Asus Router ![/QUOTE

I don't mind sending a big donation to see that happen even doing a fund raise, the Merlin frimware is the only reason i buy Asus Router !
Well if Asus keeps the gpl release cycle in sync with other units it's possible, he may change his mind.

Anyone have luck renaming their clients in the Network Map? my GT-AC5300 in statically assigned and NO on DHCP ( I have a windows server that handles DHCP). i was able to rename 20 or so devices but still have 1o that when i rename them, upon refresh it goes back to mac address. Currently on firmware 9.0.0.4.382_16603 but have tried all the latest too with the same results.

Anyone have luck renaming their clients in the Network Map? my GT-AC5300 in statically assigned and NO on DHCP ( I have a windows server that handles DHCP). i was able to rename 20 or so devices but still have 1o that when i rename them, upon refresh it goes back to mac address. Currently on firmware 9.0.0.4.382_16603 but have tried all the latest too with the same results.
You mean like here, I haven't had any problems renaming out, but I'm not running static ips

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180107-200735.png
    Screenshot_20180107-200735.png
    139 KB · Views: 355
You mean like here, I haven't had any problems renaming out, but I'm not running static ips
that is the strange thing, the first 15 or so work fine, then it just wont save any others. Even stranger if i factory restore it will quit at any given random amount, could be 21 or 17.

Attachments

• Screenshot.JPG
    Screenshot.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 483
Hey guys I am receiving my GT-AC5300 tomorrow I currently own an RT-AC5300 will I see a noticeable improvement? such as wifi range and speed?

Hey guys I am receiving my GT-AC5300 tomorrow I currently own an RT-AC5300 will I see a noticeable improvement? such as wifi range and speed?
No. Look at Tims review.
It is much faster though (processor speed). It even boots more than twice as fast.

My WiFi speed is sometimes oke sometimes awful in the same place I am in an apartment and only 4-5 feet from my router and my speed drop drastically, I have 400 Mbps up and 40 Mbps down when I am in my room sometimes get 300 sometimes 80 sometimes 120 Weird, with such a router the range is that shirty ?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!