What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What issues, mine is running great. All devices are running at 866.7 mbps

I was just reading up on the Chinese forum of the issues that was happening apparently it’s only happening to certain devices as there was different Hardware revisions of the Router some are having it some are not I know after I wiped 2 is stable and stuff is connecting to it now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not. Even my Note 8 connected to the 5Ghz-1 instead of the 5Ghz-2..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8
My note 8 is easily the fastest wireless ac device in my house. Does not surprise me. Puts my surface , xbox x, and others to shame.

Way I understand how 5Ghz works the lower bands 36 to 48 are faster than the upper band Channels on 2 but they reach out further

Rebooted again and now Note 8 is on 5Ghz-1 and TV on 2.4G again.. I'm not liking this feature to much. To buggy. Both devices are in same room too! The Note 8 is showing 1080 mbps though lol

Ok I think I fixed it now. I set the 2 Samsung Smart Tvs and Note 8 on the 2.4Ghz Mac Deny list and now all 3 connected to 5Ghz-2.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8

@DarkSorrow why do you include 2.4 in Smart Connect?
There may be reasons, like coverage, but if you're not really chasing coverage, better to have Smart Connect on only for 5GHz radios and have a separate SSID for 2.4. You manually stick non-5GHz devices to 2.4 and let SC assign your high speed devices to both 5GHz radios.
Logic in SC is using balance some clients to a band based on speed and traffic. By default you will end having some clients on 2.4 although you would like those clients in 5GHz.

@DarkSorrow why do you include 2.4 in Smart Connect?
There may be reasons, like coverage, but if you're not really chasing coverage, better to have Smart Connect on only for 5GHz radios and have a separate SSID for 2.4. You manually stick non-5GHz devices to 2.4 and let SC assign your high speed devices to both 5GHz radios.
Logic in SC is using balance some clients to a band based on speed and traffic. By default you will end having some clients on 2.4 although you would like those clients in 5GHz.

I just did that and all the 5G devices seem to be on 5Ghz-2 solely now. Which is very good as a matter of fact :)

I am also using smart connect for just 5ghz and I love it. It's worked really well for me.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I can confirm lag works, device renaming works(first firmware i can rename all 27 devices) . However traditional qos still broken(resets to defaults on reboot) and wtfast sill has the blank second dropdown.

So is ASUS releasing two branches of Firmware for this router a AIMesh one and a Regular one beta wise so far?

I believe so based on what Asus support said to me in my last email:
Next AiMesh official(3.0.0.4.384.xxx) FW and general official(3.0.0.4.382.xxx) FW will add fix link aggregation fail issue.

With official 3.0.0.4.382_15984, every time I set 5Ghz only Smart Connect, network map loses the status tab and brings up a 60Ghz tab even thou the ROG is not 802.11ad enabled......

Anyone else see this?

Regards

Anyone have the DLNA bug that keep at the scanning status? Everytime router reboots this happens

Also the POrt 1 bug is not fixed in the latest beta

I am having some really weird things going on with the Aimesh firmware "9.0.0.4.382_19612"
my speed drops drasticly over wifi even if I am very close to the router I don't know what is causing the issue, it's driving me crazy!
The Official Firmware I don't have this issue but I have two router one RT-AC5300 & GT-AC5300 and I want to use them in Mesh mode but with that huge speed drop it made thinks very difficult.

My speed with Aimesh firmware over wifi: 88Mbps
My speed with Official firmware over without 400Mbps

also tried to download directly from the router over ssh the speed is fine on aimesh firmware but not using any of my devices, please see screenshot below

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 23.46.03.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 23.46.03.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 599
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 23.43.19.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 23.43.19.png
    581.7 KB · Views: 507
Do you have the media server issue as well?

I don’t use a media server so I can’t comment on that. I primarily use this for just my Xbox, a PC I barely use for more than word processing and then various family cell phones.

I was hoping this thing would rock for my Xbox but not being able to use the game ports just makes it a bit of a disappointment. It’s really no better than my old netgear 7500 for the way that I use it.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the DHCP server to ONLY assign a Primary DNS? I have a Pi-Hole and it's set as my primary DNS in the 5300, but it also seems to want to assign itself (the 5300) as the secondary DNS automatically, without me telling it to. Or maybe I can assign my secondary DNS as the same IP as my primary? :) Anyone know?

Thank you in advance.

I am having some really weird things going on with the Aimesh firmware "9.0.0.4.382_19612"
my speed drops drasticly over wifi even if I am very close to the router I don't know what is causing the issue, it's driving me crazy!
The Official Firmware I don't have this issue but I have two router one RT-AC5300 & GT-AC5300 and I want to use them in Mesh mode but with that huge speed drop it made thinks very difficult.

My speed with Aimesh firmware over wifi: 88Mbps
My speed with Official firmware over without 400Mbps

also tried to download directly from the router over ssh the speed is fine on aimesh firmware but not using any of my devices, please see screenshot below

When you are saying very close what that means? cm? 1m?
Generally in wireless there's a big deal when both router and client are really close, like cm. I don't know how to explain it in a simple way, but consider that some channels in some countries can go all the way to 4W.

How is the speed like 2-3m from the router? I'm with a newer beta on my GT-AC5300 and I have no problems capping my internet link or doing a little over 600mbps in LAN. All high-speed clients are on 2nd 5GHz radio and are using channel 116 at the moment.

Very close 10cm it does not change anything!
I rolled back to the new beta firmware without aimesh and it works the speed is fine and the RT-AC5300 is in Repeater mode not Mesh anymore but I still get my full speed and a better coverage.
Aimesh is far far from being usable at the moment

P.S : the last firmware have also a nasty bug no client connected shown not even one, and there is actually

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!