What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Also the IPSec VPN Server is not working after applying the settings the VPN is stuck on disable state, even OpenVPN cannot be disabled ! maybe ssh to the router and do and nvram reset ?

Agreed. If there were a mesh system with good performance that used wired backhaul, I'd very likely be selling the 2 GT-AC5300's I have and getting that now. Since there isn't one that I feel good about, will wait impatiently for next firmware update that hopefully solves some of these issues.

Does anyone know what this means and should I be concerned?

Jan 19 09:59:10 kernel: jffs2: warning: (838) jffs2_sum_write_data: Not enough space for summary, padsize = -55

This message keeps popping up in the log.

Seems there is a new FW that fixes channel 0 t 5Ghz-2

The Google translate do not work very well to portuguese so if someone want to translate and see and upload this FW for us will be nice

http://www.52asus.com/thread-5403-1-1.html

According to https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...-rt-ac5300-gt-ac5300.44023/page-3#post-374953
Remind. It's not official publish version and it's not published by ASUS.

Use at your own risk is another way of saying?

I don't know who published and this FW status.
If only there is a way for users to differentiate between official sources (including betas) and everything else... Like perhaps, an advisory or caution when it is not official (again, including betas) before manually updating the firmware.
Again, thanks for replying to us! Let us know someone does care about how things are going.

Last edited:
Hello,
my problem is that the router lose a WiFi connnetions every few hours. For about 3-5 minutes the SSIDs are not visible, all devices lose internet connection and if i connect to router using lan cable I'm ale to log in but all thing are working very slow and not all options are available. After 5 minutes the router is working properly again. Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.382_15984. The router is working without active WiFi smart connect

If only there is a way for users to differentiate between official sources (including betas) and everything else...

Look at where you are getting the firmware from. If it was posted on a public forum by an Asus employee like @arthurlien , then it's an official beta. If it came from a Chinese forums and was posted by a user, then it could be anything, from a leaked internal build, to a user-modified image.

In a recent case, the file is on the Russian Asus FTP, meaning it's probably a legitimate image, but it's not an official beta, and was most likely posted by Asus's offices in Russia for a specific user/partner to test something. Usually not a good idea to run these builds, as you have no idea if they might not contain special debugging code in place to test for a specific issue.

Usually, official public betas provided by Asus will have a version number starting with 9.0.0.4.

Look at where you are getting the firmware from. If it was posted on a public forum by an Asus employee like @arthurlien , then it's an official beta. If it came from a Chinese forums and was posted by a user, then it could be anything, from a leaked internal build, to a user-modified image.

In a recent case, the file is on the Russian Asus FTP, meaning it's probably a legitimate image, but it's not an official beta, and was most likely posted by Asus's offices in Russia for a specific user/partner to test something. Usually not a good idea to run these builds, as you have no idea if they might not contain special debugging code in place to test for a specific issue.

Usually, official public betas provided by Asus will have a version number starting with 9.0.0.4.

Well, all I can say is that the beta firmware(s) that I have posted were both in the form of 9.0.0.4; The first been GT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_384_20216-g74b8f6e_ubi.w

The 9.0.0.4_384_20216 is beta for someone to clarify some issue. I think this user published the test FW to forum by himself.

5300 official FW is still under test internally.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送

then GT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_384_20282-g4b09e18_cferom_ubi_0119.w

Remind. It's not official publish version and it's not published by ASUS.

Like what gives? If there is some form of verification and then users could easily decide whether or not to use this firmware.
By the way, RMerlin, HUGE fan here. Thanks for everything till now!

I cannot connect via IPSec VPN any having the same issue ?

firmware 9.0.0.4.384_110 beta

Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 11.00.51.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 11.00.29.png

I found a solution, I changed the PSK to a shorter passphrase exactly 8 alpha-numerical characters and it worked :)

Update : An other issue came up my speed dropped drastically from 480-500 to 30-40 Mbbps as soon as I disabled IPSec everything back to normal

Last edited:
I found a solution, I changed the PSK to a shorter passphrase exactly 8 alpha-numerical characters and it worked :)

Update : An other issue came up my speed dropped drastically from 480-500 to 30-40 Mbbps as soon as I disabled IPSec everything back to normal

The vpn solution on the router isn’t that great and is very well documented throughout this thread. The vpn option is the reason I bought the router, oops on me for buying into the marketing on this router.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope we have an official release soon with big fixe so we can finally use this product

Having both RT-AC5300 & GT-AC5300 and I can't say I am happy with those routers !

It works great if you turn all the extra features off and never use lol. Defeats the entire purpose but hey!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!