What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sorry I thought your said official..... silly me..

Regards

It is official...up on US site as of this morning. AiMesh splash page still says coming soon, but official firmware was uploaded sometime this morning.

Attachments

• New Firmware.JPG
    New Firmware.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 611
So far so good getting nice 5Ghz-1 and 2 download speeds with a 1Gbps connecting behind a ATT router in Passthrough getting 902 Down about the same up on beta firmwares I was getting wide range of numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have AT&T fiber (FTTH)? If so, were you able to do a true passthrough with their modem? Don't recall which one I have off the top of my head (just know it's a PACE model), but seems I can't do that, so have to use the GT-AC5300's in AP mode. Believe their newer ones you can simply enable it with the click of a button.

I have a BGW210 which can do Passthrough along with the NVG599 the 5268 anything made by Pace can only do DMZ+ which is almost the same but not entirely the same
I actually had to swap out my 5268 for the BGW210 because DMZ would not pass the public IP to the ROG but the BGW210 will

Thanks! Yeah, need to see if I can swap mine out so I can actually put these to work and use all their features and hardware.

Thanks! Yeah, need to see if I can swap mine out so I can actually put these to work and use all their features and hardware.

U can get lucky with the ATT online chat get one shipped next day make sure u say you want a BGW210 it’s alittle new it has its up and downs but gets rid of the bufferbloat problem the 5268 has on uploads also it handles IPv6 way better I know when I had the 5268 ATT went native but my 5268 would always keep me on 6RD when I switched out to the 210 I got native IPv6 and it also Passthroughs IPv6 native to the ROG I mean it will still Double NAT but not as Bad as the 5268 does with DMZ I think the 210 will only NAT other att services like Direct tv or if u have wireless it will NAT Att WiFi calling but all other stuff the ROG will NAT it fully

Last edited:
Official firmware for GT-AC5300.

Version 3.0.0.4.384.20287
2018/01/26

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/GT-AC5300/FW_GT_AC5300_300438420287.zip

Changelog

New feature
AiMesh: an innovative new router feature that connects multiple ASUS routers to create a whole-home Wi-Fi network. Refer to https://www.asus.com/aimesh/ for more detail.

- Added IPSec VPN server
- Supported Alexa.
- Supported IFTTT.
- Supported Let's encrypt to help get free Certificate Authority (CA). To enable this feature, the router needs to obtain public IP from ISP.

Enhancement
- Increased OpenVPN server throughput.
- Boosted Samba writing performance. To get full USB 3.0 speed, please disable "reducing USB 3.0 interference".

Security fixed
- Fixed CVE-2017-14491: DNS - 2 byte heap based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14492: DHCP - heap based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14493: DHCP - stack based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14494: DHCP - info leak
- Fixed CVE-2017-14495: DNS - OOM DoS
- Fixed CVE-2017-14496: DNS - DoS Integer underflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-13704: Bug collision
- Fixed predictable session tokens(CVE-2017-15654), logged user IP validation(CVE-2017-15653), Logged-in information disclosure (special thanks to Blazej Adamczyk contribution)
- Fixed web GUI authorization vulnerabilities.
- Fixed AiCloud XSS vulnerabilities
- Fixed XSS vulnerability. Thanks for Joaquim's contribution.
- Fixed LAN RCE vulnerability. An independent security researcher has reported this vulnerability to Beyond Security’s SecuriTeam Secure Disclosure program
- Fixed remote code execution vulnerability. Thanks to David Maciejak of Fortinet's FortiGuard Labs
- Fixed Smart Sync Stored XSS vulnerabilities. Thanks fo Guy Arazi's contribution.
- Fixed CVE-2018-5721 Stack-based buffer overflow

Bug fixed
- Fixed CTF related issues.
- Fixed link aggregation issues.
- Fixed network map abnormal response time issues
- Fixed client list issues.
- Fixed AiCloud smart sync issue.
- Fixed client icon modification issue when client name includes special characters.
- Fixed httpd issues caused by two way IPS.
- Fixed WTFast game list and server list related problem.
- Fixed Network traffic bugs in AP mode.

Enjoy!

Traditional QOS user defined rules are still broken. Any changes to the rules are reset upon rebooting the router.

Question for the Asus moderators, Do we have to reset to factory default and put in again our settings manually when upgrading the GT-AC5300 to Version 3.0.0.4.384.20287?

CC

What they will say is best practice would be yes (especially since the base code is new for most going from 382 to 384), if you experience problems don't post till you have eliminated the obvious first step of a factory reset. I'm only loosely paraphrasing of course.

Do we have to reset to factory default and put in again our settings manually when upgrading the GT-AC5300 to Version 3.0.0.4.384.20287?
The better question is, "Should we..."

Official firmware for GT-AC5300.

Version 3.0.0.4.384.20287
2018/01/26

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/GT-AC5300/FW_GT_AC5300_300438420287.zip

Changelog

New feature
AiMesh: an innovative new router feature that connects multiple ASUS routers to create a whole-home Wi-Fi network. Refer to https://www.asus.com/aimesh/ for more detail.

- Added IPSec VPN server
- Supported Alexa.
- Supported IFTTT.
- Supported Let's encrypt to help get free Certificate Authority (CA). To enable this feature, the router needs to obtain public IP from ISP.

Enhancement
- Increased OpenVPN server throughput.
- Boosted Samba writing performance. To get full USB 3.0 speed, please disable "reducing USB 3.0 interference".

Security fixed
- Fixed CVE-2017-14491: DNS - 2 byte heap based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14492: DHCP - heap based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14493: DHCP - stack based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14494: DHCP - info leak
- Fixed CVE-2017-14495: DNS - OOM DoS
- Fixed CVE-2017-14496: DNS - DoS Integer underflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-13704: Bug collision
- Fixed predictable session tokens(CVE-2017-15654), logged user IP validation(CVE-2017-15653), Logged-in information disclosure (special thanks to Blazej Adamczyk contribution)
- Fixed web GUI authorization vulnerabilities.
- Fixed AiCloud XSS vulnerabilities
- Fixed XSS vulnerability. Thanks for Joaquim's contribution.
- Fixed LAN RCE vulnerability. An independent security researcher has reported this vulnerability to Beyond Security’s SecuriTeam Secure Disclosure program
- Fixed remote code execution vulnerability. Thanks to David Maciejak of Fortinet's FortiGuard Labs
- Fixed Smart Sync Stored XSS vulnerabilities. Thanks fo Guy Arazi's contribution.
- Fixed CVE-2018-5721 Stack-based buffer overflow

Bug fixed
- Fixed CTF related issues.
- Fixed link aggregation issues.
- Fixed network map abnormal response time issues
- Fixed client list issues.
- Fixed AiCloud smart sync issue.
- Fixed client icon modification issue when client name includes special characters.
- Fixed httpd issues caused by two way IPS.
- Fixed WTFast game list and server list related problem.
- Fixed Network traffic bugs in AP mode.

Enjoy!

This a non beta release?

Will this versioin be avaiable at Asus website as well?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!