What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That’s exactly what I have been experiencing as well. It appears to be more pronounced when I’m using the gaming ports. I also had a situation where disabling Ipv6 seemed to make it better. It could have been totally coincidental and placebo. I’m using my router primarily for my 2 Xbox One X’s.

Now I’m having a weird MAC address pop up in the log but doesn’t belong to any device I own in the house and doesn’t show up on the network map:

Feb 1 21:49:06 roamast: eth6: add client [00:20:00:bb:a2:06] to monitor list

This pops up over and over.
We are in the same boat then.. I also am using this for my Xbox One X. And I only have one connected. And it is connected to gaming port number one. This slow down effect is very noticeable when playing fast paced fps.. It literally slows down to where my rate of fire is effected. And when that happens its almost impossible to hit anything. I should also add that I do have IPV6 enabled. My log is very lengthy and none of it makes sense to me.. I'm starting to lose that warm fuzzy feeling with this router.. Not sure what to try next.

We are in the same boat then.. I also am using this for my Xbox One X. And I only have one connected. And it is connected to gaming port number one. This slow down effect is very noticeable when playing fast paced fps.. It literally slows down to where my rate of fire is effected. And when that happens its almost impossible to hit anything. I should also add that I do have IPV6 enabled. My log is very lengthy and none of it makes sense to me.. I'm starting to lose that warm fuzzy feeling with this router.. Not sure what to try next.

Do you use energy saving or instant-on mode with your Xbox? If you’re using instant-on do you see a flood of “link up, link down” messages in your log when you go into standby mode?

Do you use energy saving or instant-on mode with your Xbox? If you’re using instant-on do you see a flood of “link up, link down” messages in your log when you go into standby mode?
I use energy saving. Wasn't xbox having some issues with instant on? I do get what I would call a flood of logs. But they make no sense to me of what they mean if anything.. I'm going to look closer at the logs in my router to see what I can make of them. I'm sure there is plenty in there by now.. My old Netgear router never log this many of any kind.

Did a factory reset on this firmware get rid of the 0800 errors with link aggregation enabled? Want to be sure before I upgrade and wipe the router settings again.
No. still experiencing the issue. Im not sure why people dred the factory reset. If you back up settings it only takes 5 min to be back up as if it didn't happen.

I received beta firmware 20311 but it didn’t resolve the 0800 errors. My link aggregation is disabled and they even come up after a factory reset. Received another response from asus today they are working on it and will have a new beta soon.

I received beta firmware 20311 but it didn’t resolve the 0800 errors. My link aggregation is disabled and they even come up after a factory reset. Received another response from asus today they are working on it and will have a new beta soon.

What you did to contact Asus, i would like to talk about the media server issue i have here

Administration / Feedback in the router interface.

Didn’t run any diags but allowed the system log and setting file and filled out as much info as I could in the comments.

Both times now received a reply within a day, I have been quite impressed by the response so far.

Thanks Rolo, I do have smart connect disabled. What type of config and set up would you want? I will try my best. I'm not completely new to routers but honestly ive never had issues like I am with any router like this. So I may ask a lot of questions..
What are your router's settings (what did you change from out-of-the-box), what devices you have connected to it and how, etc.

No. still experiencing the issue. Im not sure why people dred the factory reset. If you back up settings it only takes 5 min to be back up as if it didn't happen.
You don't know that the import backup isn't also importing bad juju, defeating the purpose of the reset.
Better to take the 10 minutes to fat-finger everything rather than who knows how long troubleshooting imported corrupted settings. It's the only way to be certain settings aren't the culprit.

I'm getting the following entry every hour:
Code:
user    debug    kernel    [tdts_shell_ioctl_stat:256] Recv ioctl req with op 2
What does it mean?

Can you share the firmware?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My log is getting flooded with these type of messages.. Not sure what they mean.
kernel: Drop In= ethO Out
kernel: eth2 (ext switch port:1)(Logical Port:9)Link Down

These type of logs amongst others.. Ive just named a couple are flooding my log.. which is about a mile long now. Is it normal for a log to be this active?

What are your router's settings (what did you change from out-of-the-box), what devices you have connected to it and how, etc.

Rolo, Out of the box I let everything set up automatically. Ive Disabled Smart Connect, Link aggregation. That's really all I have disabled out of the box. I'm not using any QoS because that really throws my router in a fit. The only feature I am using is port forwarding. And I also do have UPnP off. That's all that comes to mind atm. I do have my wireless on but currently don't have anything attached to this router but my xbox one x. And that is hardwired into gaming port one of the router. I also have IPV6 enabled. My knowledge isn't much when it comes to things like this. Ive never had to interact this much with a router before other then the basics.

You have an Xbox connected to the router and that's it? You don't have any other devices at all, besides your modem?

My last console was a ColecoVision, so I know nothing about them today.

You have an Xbox connected to the router and that's it? You don't have any other devices at all, besides your modem?

My last console was a ColecoVision, so I know nothing about them today.

Ha Ha yep that's about it. Other then my labtop computer which is also hardwired.. I'm not using this router to its fullest by any means. I bought this more for the cool gaming features. Which I cant even use. But hey that ColecoVision was a cool console back in the day.. I had one as well. And I think I may still have it in the attic. lol. Seriously it was a good one! Wish I could say the same about this router.. If I reboot my router it works great for a few games then it totally falls apart. The games become slow and sluggish.. Everything feels out of synch while playing the game. I have a bad feeling it may come down to buying a different router. There is one feature that does work and that is it gives me the servers ip address to the data center I'm connecting too. That's good useful info for me. If you have any other ideas please feel free to share. Thanks!

So here is a good one. I called support about my (our) qos issues. I mentioned the traditional QOS doesnt retain settings once you reboot the router. After a day and a half at whatever level it made it to the solution I was given is the factory reset my router three times in a row. Yes you read that right. I guess i never cared about port 1 & 2 because i always just gave the highest priority to whatever port they were on. Just cracked me up.

My log is getting flooded with these type of messages.. Not sure what they mean.
kernel: Drop In= ethO Out
kernel: eth2 (ext switch port:1)(Logical Port:9)Link Down

These type of logs amongst others.. Ive just named a couple are flooding my log.. which is about a mile long now. Is it normal for a log to be this active?

Yeah I get these messages when my Xbox boots up and after shutting down, but they stop:

Feb 2 16:45:34 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link UP 1000 mbps full duplex
Feb 2 16:45:39 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link DOWN.
Feb 2 16:45:42 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link UP 1000 mbps full duplex
Feb 2 17:31:42 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link DOWN.
Feb 2 17:31:45 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link UP 10 mbps full duplex
Feb 2 17:32:07 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link DOWN.
Feb 2 17:32:10 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link UP 1000 mbps full duplex

If I put my Xbox in standby mode then these messages flood continually without stopping until I turn it back on. Only does it on the gaming ports.

So here is a good one. I called support about my (our) qos issues. I mentioned the traditional QOS doesnt retain settings once you reboot the router. After a day and a half at whatever level it made it to the solution I was given is the factory reset my router three times in a row. Yes you read that right. I guess i never cared about port 1 & 2 because i always just gave the highest priority to whatever port they were on. Just cracked me up.

So did resetting your router 3 times fix your issues on the gaming ports?

So like many people here, I'm having various issues with this router not working properly and find myself power cycling it daily. I am done with this junk. It's like there's a HUGE batch of defective GT5300's out there or something.. Return initiated through Amazon (thank you 30 day return policy). I'll never buy a non-DDWRT router again. ASUS, you should of stuck to making motherboards.

Yeah I get these messages when my Xbox boots up and after shutting down, but they stop:

Feb 2 16:45:34 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link UP 1000 mbps full duplex
Feb 2 16:45:39 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link DOWN.
Feb 2 16:45:42 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link UP 1000 mbps full duplex
Feb 2 17:31:42 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link DOWN.
Feb 2 17:31:45 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link UP 10 mbps full duplex
Feb 2 17:32:07 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link DOWN.
Feb 2 17:32:10 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link UP 1000 mbps full duplex

If I put my Xbox in standby mode then these messages flood continually without stopping until I turn it back on. Only does it on the gaming ports.

So did resetting your router 3 times fix your issues on the gaming ports?
I didnt try yet.

So like many people here, I'm having various issues with this router not working properly and find myself power cycling it daily. I am done with this junk. It's like there's a HUGE batch of defective GT5300's out there or something.. Return initiated through Amazon (thank you 30 day return policy). I'll never buy a non-DDWRT router again. ASUS, you should of stuck to making motherboards.
Honestly Mine is working at about 95%. If i turn Qos off it is at 100%. I tried other routers lately and they are still not up to this one. I even tried that Nighthawk X10 and was not impressed. The Gt-AC5300 has soooo many more configurable options and services. If all you have is an xbox and a phone then any router will do. However this router is a powerhouse with a few bugs but near perfect. I reboot my router only when i upgrade the firmware. Dont get me wrong all functions should work perfect but it was trying other router that made me realize it is one of the best out there. They all have issues but this one is still better than the rest. Ive mentioned before we have 30 devices listed in the map and frequently have 2 xboxes and a couple tvs streaming at once and never have issues. Most of the bugs are things that are specialty or dont matter. Like i said before, if qos is off all ports have the same priority. Move the cable from 1 or 2 and it is fixed. I dont use a vpn service because i believe in paying for things that others are creating and it is the same that complain there connections are slow (hello you are encrypting your evrything out of your router). Just my two cents worth but an honest opinion.

Oh i am getting the 0800 port th is and that in the log, but do not notice any crippling effect.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!