What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Guys

I have the Rt-Ac5300 and will receive the new GT one in 2 weeks

About the FW, should i use the asus website ones or there is some place that i can get beta ones and/or better fw`s for this one?

Anyone that used RT-AC5300 and now is using the GT, how big was the change?

Tks
The interface is different from RT to GT. The GT has more bugs in my opinion and doesn't support custom firmware. Other than that, there isn't much of a difference.

The interface is different from RT to GT. The GT has more bugs in my opinion and doesn't support custom firmware. Other than that, there isn't much of a difference.

The fw`s to use is only the ones avaiable at website support page? Any place that can we find some betas?

The fw`s to use is only the ones avaiable at website support page? Any place that can we find some betas?

I already answered that question 3 posts back...

On the router there is a tab for AiCloud 2.0. On the first tab there is a link to both Apple and Android apps. These are just the Cloud controls, however there is links to the other ASUS made software also on each listing.

Is there any reason not to be running the latest beta version 9.0.0.4.382.18943? This is part of the AiMesh beta, but it loaded just fine and seems a bit more stable for me although I still see a lot of these errors:
Nov 22 16:56:18 kernel: ^[[0;33;41mBLOG ERROR blog_request :blog_key corruption when adding flow net_p=ffffffc02e928c18 dir=0 old_key=0x2000188c new_key=0x20001a1a
Nov 22 16:56:18 kernel: ^[[0m

As far as I can tell after few days, it's fairly safe enough to run the AiMesh release. Of course, only if you can tolerate a beta release.
It can't be configured as AiMesh router, only as node, but that's a restriction known by Asus in the early release. It will be possible to make it a router.
I also have my bunch of errrors:
- kernel: jffs2: warning: (811) jffs2_sum_write_data: Not enough space for summary, padsize = -828
- lldpd (!!!WTF do I need LLDP for a home router?) unable to get system name
The last one is every 3 minutes.

Other than that, it's all at a decent level. Stable and really nice.
It's still bad it can't negotiate more than 20MHz channel spacing, but Asus confirmed the problem as known and they are saying it's work in progress.

has the firmware been fixed in regards to game clients using the same port number, eg two copies of black ops 3 one shows open nat, the second copy is moderate nat, merlin fixed it in his firmware with masquerade rules, I'm wondering if asus has made a similar change in the raptures firmware, or added a toggle option like net gears to allow for full cone nat?
I know the RT-AC88U had a beta update to modify the way upnp handled port conflicts, which allowed for 2 copies of one game or two consoles using the same port number to have open nat when used side by side, if the haven't I hope they do, before I decide to get one.

Somehow my GT doesn't wan't to accept this Beta. Am I missing Trick 17?

Make sure you're not mixing GT and RT firmwares.

I have a question, does anyone know where the nat acceleration is on this router? In addition is anyone using this router with verizon gigabit service?

I have a question, does anyone know where the nat acceleration is on this router? In addition is anyone using this router with verizon gigabit service?
I am using it Verizon gigabit. Speeds are just about as good as from Verizon quantum gateway router. Not sure about your area.... But I get around 880 to 940ish down. Similar uploads on wired connection of course.

has the firmware been fixed in regards to game clients using the same port number, eg two copies of black ops 3 one shows open nat, the second copy is moderate nat, merlin fixed it in his firmware with masquerade rules, I'm wondering if asus has made a similar change in the raptures firmware, or added a toggle option like net gears to allow for full cone nat?
I know the RT-AC88U had a beta update to modify the way upnp handled port conflicts, which allowed for 2 copies of one game or two consoles using the same port number to have open nat when used side by side, if the haven't I hope they do, before I decide to get one.

Granted this forum post is long, but this was answered by Darksarrow just two pages ago..
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/rog-rapture-gt-ac5300-owners.38794/page-40#post-355837

I am using it Verizon gigabit. Speeds are just about as good as from Verizon quantum gateway router. Not sure about your area.... But I get around 880 to 940ish down. Similar uploads on wired connection of course.

Did you select or deselct any options? I get about half the speeds

Did you select or deselct any options? I get about half the speeds
You using a cat6 or cat7 cable? Also if your hard drive can't write the data fast enough you'll have speed issues. My SSD pulls 900 or so mbps down and up on the local LAN.

You using a cat6 or cat7 cable? Also if your hard drive can't write the data fast enough you'll have speed issues. My SSD pulls 900 or so mbps down and up on the local LAN.

Im using a cat6 cable. Good point i never really thought about the ssd. Have to look at its specs

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!