What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

With last AiMesh beta :

38230220485_c12d386a9a_o.png

:(

I only see this when I pull something from the HDD like a video or something usually a restart or unmounting the drives gets rid of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I stopped using the USB HDD a long time ago. It's slow as hell. The NAS server transfers faster.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8

It seems like the router has a problem about not flushing the RAM when stuff is not in use it even happens in the Original August Firmware it does not affect performance with it being that high I left mine one day at the 96% range and still got 960mbps down range without it affecting performance another thing I am seeing in the system log since the Firmware that was released is

NAT Tunnel: AAE Service is stopped

It repeats it over and over again I even googled AAE service have no clue what it is

With last AiMesh beta :

38230220485_c12d386a9a_o.png

:(
It may be a service active on your router. I'm not using any service (AiProtection, Samba, FTP etc). Not even QoS yet, as I'm still in monitoring phase, and my memory usage is 38%.
As a general rule, being a Linux based solution, you shouldn't be concerned by memory utilization as long as you encounter no issues.

I am seeing in the system log since the Firmware that was released is

NAT Tunnel: AAE Service is stopped

It repeats it over and over again I even googled AAE service have no clue what it is

Yes, it goes on and on every 30 seconds. I submitted feedback to Asus and they told me it's a known issue, with no functionalities impact, and a new release fixing this is expected to arrive shortly.

Yes, it goes on and on every 30 seconds. I submitted feedback to Asus and they told me it's a known issue, with no functionalities impact, and a new release fixing this is expected to arrive shortly.

Yeah I kinda figured it was a error that it keeps reporting it with no impact but no issues what so ever can’t wait for a full stable release of this Firmware the router has been running so great and the follow up on ram use I did a test ran a video from the hdd it went up to 97% then it cleared it out of ram about 20min laters around 47% but I am using all the features QoS AI protection etc glad this $400 router is getting some love

Hi,

Because of many issues on the official stock firmware, i'm also using the aimesh beta's.
Last 18943 was running great for one month, Only issue PS4, Nat type still failing, so often disconnects with online games.
Beginning of the week switched to 19612, but lots of issues
  • Nat type still failing (same as before with PS4)
  • Many disconnects with online games, but now also with Xbox and Pc
  • Slower surfing, seems to have some sort of delay on every page
  • Time scheduling issues
  • Clients could not connect anymore
  • Reset, soft and hard, not working properly anymore, ..
  • Firmware update, also problematic.
So because of the many disconnects i wanted to switch back to 18943.
But this was not easy.
First i thought well maybe the firmware was not correct installed, so i re-installed 19612 again.
You could see the gauge running, but no restart, nothing happened, router stayed online after the process was done. Very strange, this never happened before like this.
Ok lets try to do the initialize... Again nothing happens and after 20 sec a message popped 'applying settings' WTF? Again the gauge and after finishing, router was still online with all settings still there !
Ok, Hard reset ... yea right, i could press the reset forever but again nothing...
So after some reset and power cycles it eventually did a reset.

So initial screen pops up 'create network' or 'manual setup' you know.... so went for the manual setup and uploaded the stored settings file. After restart same issues like before.
So no go there, now I wanted to go back to 18943 build, but again, router refused to load this firmware...
So after some reset and power cycles i managed to get the 18943 running again. Uploaded the settings file and yea all seems to be running like before....
I have the feeling it works ok after power on, but after some runtime shirt breaks loose...

So has anybody else has more or less same experience with the latest 19612 build ?

Hi,

Because of many issues on the official stock firmware, i'm also using the aimesh beta's.
Last 18943 was running great for one month, Only issue PS4, Nat type still failing, so often disconnects with online games.
Beginning of the week switched to 19612, but lots of issues
  • Nat type still failing (same as before with PS4)
  • Many disconnects with online games, but now also with Xbox and Pc
  • Slower surfing, seems to have some sort of delay on every page
  • Time scheduling issues
  • Clients could not connect anymore
  • Reset, soft and hard, not working properly anymore, ..
  • Firmware update, also problematic.
So because of the many disconnects i wanted to switch back to 18943.
But this was not easy.
First i thought well maybe the firmware was not correct installed, so i re-installed 19612 again.
You could see the gauge running, but no restart, nothing happened, router stayed online after the process was done. Very strange, this never happened before like this.
Ok lets try to do the initialize... Again nothing happens and after 20 sec a message popped 'applying settings' WTF? Again the gauge and after finishing, router was still online with all settings still there !
Ok, Hard reset ... yea right, i could press the reset forever but again nothing...
So after some reset and power cycles it eventually did a reset.

So initial screen pops up 'create network' or 'manual setup' you know.... so went for the manual setup and uploaded the stored settings file. After restart same issues like before.
So no go there, now I wanted to go back to 18943 build, but again, router refused to load this firmware...
So after some reset and power cycles i managed to get the 18943 running again. Uploaded the settings file and yea all seems to be running like before....
I have the feeling it works ok after power on, but after some runtime shirt breaks loose...

So has anybody else has more or less same experience with the latest 19612 build ?

Nope I play on PS4 been on this Firmware since release no NAT fails or errors connecting to games past weekend played 8+ hours of CoD no issues at all WiFi on both 5Ghz bands working greater than ever Gaming Ports 1 and 2 working great QoS wise WTF service working good RAM management working properly and been running 48 hours+ without a reboot vs the Official August Firmware I had to reboot daily and I am also behind a crappy ATT Fiber gateway in Passthrough mode with no NAT problems

Nope I play on PS4 been on this Firmware since release no NAT fails or errors connecting to games past weekend played 8+ hours of CoD no issues at all WiFi on both 5Ghz bands working greater than ever Gaming Ports 1 and 2 working great QoS wise WTF service working good RAM management working properly and been running 48 hours+ without a reboot vs the Official August Firmware I had to reboot daily and I am also behind a crappy ATT Fiber gateway in Passthrough mode with no NAT problems

Strange, did you upgarde from official firmware to 19612 or from other beta?
Have you done a reset prior to this update or just upgraded to 19612?
My configuration (european GT-AC5300)
  • Parental controls like times cheduling and web/apps filters
  • Qos
  • Fixed ip adresses
  • Port forwarding
  • Upnp
  • Bonding (link aggregation)
  • IpTv
Mmm at least good for u everything works great.

Strange, did you upgarde from official firmware to 19612 or from other beta?
Have you done a reset prior to this update or just upgraded to 19612?
My configuration (european GT-AC5300)
  • Parental controls like times cheduling and web/apps filters
  • Qos
  • Fixed ip adresses
  • Port forwarding
  • Upnp
  • Bonding (link aggregation)
  • IpTv
Mmm at least good for u everything works great.

I upgraded from the last beta thing where a bit quirky so I did a factory reset the Initialize option that appears in the new beta after that things where stable I did not restore from a saved config I just retyped and selected all my settings but I am not using Boding nor IPtV I don’t use port forwarding since Upnp forwards ports automatically on PSN I only fixed IP the PS4 no I don’t use parental controls and stuff I use the AI protection

Guys i have a problem here with the GT5300, anyone have this issue?

Everytime i turn off my computer the connection at the router drops and i have to wait a few minutes untill the router get some connection again

My GT loses WAN connection with the mesh-beta from 12/16 after a while, like every 48hrs or so. It says it's connected, but it's blatantly lying [emoji16]

After a reboot it's ok again. [emoji58]

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

My GT loses WAN connection with the mesh-beta from 12/16 after a while, like every 48hrs or so. It says it's connected, but it's blatantly lying [emoji16]

After a reboot it's ok again. [emoji58]

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I have something similar here, nut it happens with any FW

I loose wan connection everytime i turn off my pc, i think it`s something related to the port1 that it`s a gaming port or something related to my vlan configuration

Anyone with this issue?

I ran mine for 45 days without a reboot prior to updating to latest beta. Never had any disconnects.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Hi,
I recently got my GT-AC5300 for openvpn, but it seems not working properly, drops every 5 min.
from log openvpn has old version 2.3.2 while 2.4.4 already available, I am on last beta,did not help :(
would appreciate any advise thanks

Hi,
I recently got my GT-AC5300 for openvpn, but it seems not working properly, drops every 5 min.
from log openvpn has old version 2.3.2 while 2.4.4 already available, I am on last beta,did not help :(
would appreciate any advise thanks
This has been a problem on every firmware ive tried. Either incredibly slow open VPN or constant disconnects

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

About slow I can't comment. I'm not looking for speed and I didn't test it.
Today I've spend 24 minutes connected to OpenVpn from my laptop and I had no problems.
Client I'm using is: OpenVPN 2.4.3 x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Often I'm connecting from my phone with whatever OpenVPN release is the latest for Android, but those most times are short sessions so I can't really say if it's stable for long.
On the router indeed, the version is not too new:
OpenVPN 2.3.2 arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi

@TinyRK, do you have pppoe on wan? Reading between the lines on AiMesh topic it seems that Asus has an issue with pppoe.

it seems that I found a quick fix to my below error which disconnects openvpn:
"ERROR: could not read Auth username from stdin"
just removed --auth-nocache from *.ovpn file, till now all ok 6 hours connected and working fine.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!