What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

About slow I can't comment. I'm not looking for speed and I didn't test it.
Today I've spend 24 minutes connected to OpenVpn from my laptop and I had no problems.
Client I'm using is: OpenVPN 2.4.3 x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Often I'm connecting from my phone with whatever OpenVPN release is the latest for Android, but those most times are short sessions so I can't really say if it's stable for long.
On the router indeed, the version is not too new:
OpenVPN 2.3.2 arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi

@TinyRK, do you have pppoe on wan? Reading between the lines on AiMesh topic it seems that Asus has an issue with pppoe.
No pppoe here. Connecting to the web via a Motorola Cable modem.
Today WAN stopped working completely.

Couldn't even ping the cable modem. After some hard reboots it started working.

Lots of errors in the log.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Guys

If i send some movie or something else to the attached HD at my Gt5300 the memory usage goes to almost 100% and do not drop when the job is done

Just after a restart the memory usage comes back to normal, is it a bug or it`s ok to have the router with almost 100% of memory usage running?

Tks

Report problems with the PPPoE connection, authentication times are long and do not always come to fruition.

Guys, i really, really, need your help

Let me try to explain the scenario here

My Gt is working ok, when i turn on my computer that is wired at gaming port 1 everything still is perfect but i don`t know why when i turn the PC off and the wired led at the router turns off as well i loose wan connection, the wan light goes to red and i have to wait some minutes till it comes back, it`s happening almost 100% times, i turn off the PC the wired led at the router goes off the wan goes off as well, anyone have it? Any idea what is happening? I`m using a Vlan 10 at configuration and the latest beta FW, this happened with the FW at asus website as well

@RMerlin can you help me?

Edit 1: I changed my PC port from Port 1 that is called a game port to port 3 and turned off the computer and no drop connection, will wait a few days to see if it solves.and, I just tried once, need more tests

I just wondering if it really solves the issue will I loose the port 1 and 2 that is for gaming? Or this can be solved in a future fw update?

Thanks for helping

Last edited:
As i tought the Asus suport just ask simple things like if the fw is up to date, if the ppoe settings is configured...... nothing that helps

Have some news about the issue

It just happens at Port 1/2 if my pc is on and I turn it off while he is connected at this both ports the wan drops, at any other port this not happen

If someone from Asus can read this and try to make a fix I'll will be nice

Anyone knows the diference from the latest aimesh FW and this one found at the Chinese asus forum?

9.0.0.4_382_19484-g00a3652_cferom_ubi.w

Tks

Anyone knows the diference from the latest aimesh FW and this one found at the Chinese asus forum?

9.0.0.4_382_19484-g00a3652_cferom_ubi.w

Tks
There are no change logs being published.

IMO FW GT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_382_18724-g4510a40_cferom_ubi.w is the most stable fro me as of now.
9.0.0.4_382_19484-g00a3652_cferom_ubi.w killed my WANConnection.

Nah,
GT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_382_19612-g01e94f5_ubi killed my WAN Connection.

link please tnx
http://www.52asus.com/thread-3053-1-1.html

Need to register and reply in thread...

Installed here, this is a non aimesh version, this gives me some hope that the port 1/2 bug will be fixed, i`ll let you know guys if it`s more stable and the version is:

GT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_382_19484-g00a3652_cferom_ubi.w

Guys

I can confirm that GT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_382_19484-g00a3652_cferom_ubi.w is the best fw so far to GT

Gaming ports bug is gone, wifi is stable..... no Aimesh one but it`s a solid one, worth a try

Edit: Talked to early, the port 1/2 bug is still present, using port 3 again :(

Last edited:
Guys

I can confirm that GT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_382_19484-g00a3652_cferom_ubi.w is the best fw so far to GT

Gaming ports bug is gone, wifi is stable..... no Aimesh one but it`s a solid one, worth a try

Edit: Talked to early, the port 1/2 bug is still present, using port 3 again :(
I may give it a shot then. I lost my ability to get internet access when I vpn over pptp with the newest aimesh. I don't need aimesh yet as the speeds are slower on the node then in the router even though the node has full signal and router has significantly less.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I may give it a shot then. I lost my ability to get internet access when I vpn over pptp with the newest aimesh. I don't need aimesh yet as the speeds are slower on the node then in the router even though the node has full signal and router has significantly less.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I really thought that the bug that I have at Port 1 and 2 was solved with this one, but not this time, this morning it happened again.... Anyway let's wait a new beta from Chinese guys kkkk

Hello there. Been posting in the wrong forum so here is a few copy and pastes for here as it seems this thread is more active.

Hello. Late to the party but upon playing around with my old RT N66U it got me looking at what's out there as of late and it's the end of 2017. Read through the thread and the article and I'm interested in how the GT model is doing now. I imagine it's gone through some Firmware upgrades, and was curios how it's doing. I've searched posts on this forum and checked reviews on e-tailer sites so i'm kinda curious what people are saying on here, as this would be more of an authoritative type place to seek questions about networking hardware etc.

Thanks

Second post.

Hey, Happy Holidays to you too! Thanks for the reply. I am interested in a few things with it but something has come up that sounds concerning. Apparently there is a WPA2 vulnerability? Some Krack issue that's directly related to Broadcom. Have you heard anything about it?

I don't use many devices on the wifi. I don't own a gaming console. I am a PC gamer, and I use wired connection. The quad core aspect of the router seems like it will offer more granularity, and a long future for the GT. My RT N66U is still doing everything I need but being a hardcore gamer stupid gamer-bait things always interest me, lol. What prompted me to re-evaluate my router was game testing with CTF off and on. Aside from the human factors I noticed pointing and shooting seemed more in sync while CTF was off. Questions about CTF to be withheld for some other time, hehe. So the GT AC5300 offers some neat feature for gaming. Some game specific. Some global like port priority. So I was just curios about some of these feature and how much they offer to wired PC gamers and over my old RT N66U.

Thank you for your time,

Cheers!

Third post

Also did I read that these new Asus routers can be accessed via your cell phone? Is there an app for it, or did what I read imply via browser on the phone?

Thanks

@RMerlin how are you?

Do you know someone or somewhere that I can report this gaming port bug to Asus? The support is so basic they only ask to update fw, restore to factory.... I would like to send this issue to someone that will really care and help, is there any way to do that? Tks

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!