What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Guys

I can confirm that GT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_382_19484-g00a3652_cferom_ubi.w is the best fw so far to GT

Gaming ports bug is gone, wifi is stable..... no Aimesh one but it`s a solid one, worth a try

Edit: Talked to early, the port 1/2 bug is still present, using port 3 again :(
Hi,

can you upload this fw version on MEGA ?

Thanks

I have flashed this firmware
GT-AC5300_9.0.0.4_382_19484-g00a3652_cferom_ubi.w

I will update when I have had a chance to play with it more. I can say that my PPTP VPN is now working again. It was broken in the latest AiMesh firmware. However in this firmware OpenVPN is now broken. This is absurd that Asus can not get this right.

Hi guys, I just bought the GT-AC 5300 today and i'm having issues connecting to the internet. I have an issue with DHCP - internet status is "your ISP's DHCP does not function properly". My RT-AC68U works just fine. I double checked the WAN settings by comparing them with the 68U. Ive rebooted my cable modem - updated Rapture firmware, factory reset a few times. I'm starting to think I have a dud unit as there really should not be much in this. Automatic IP in Wan connection settings like on my Ac68U and it should connect. Or am I missing something here. Thanks in advance

Edit: All sorted now. Had to get my ISP to reset DHCP on their end. It seems that the modem provided a DHCP lease to the first MAC that asks for one, and will reject DHCP requests from any other hence rejecting it to the new router.

Last edited:
Hi guys, i found one more bug here and would like to know if anyone else have this issue as well

Using the Hd as media center at UPNP everytime i reboot the router i have to configure the app that will acess the content again like infuse or Apple TV

Anyone else?

@RMerlin Hi man, i know that you already said that won`t work for the GT custom fw, but looking all the issues that we have i think you are aour last hope to have a nice working router in hands kkkkk i`m start missing my old RT-AC5300

I think that not only me but several people would considerate donations to your hard work to make this router a good one

News from HGG ???!!??

24510228587_58e434763d_o.png

News from HGG ???!!??

24510228587_58e434763d_o.png

So who is HGG? If I may ask I am kinda new to the ASUS ecosystem and I wonder if this does happen are they completely doing away with the ROG interface and going to the standard ASUS one which if so that would be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firmware 19484: when you block access to devices to the internet via application on your mobile phone and try to unlock via web UI, the devices remain locked and the only solution remains the reset of the router.

I think as soon as this router gets Merlin support I'll pick it up.
Don't hold your breath, I wish for the same thing but I doubt it will ever happen with out a miracle, cause it would take a miracle to change Merlins mind about supporting it, he's made it abundantly clear he's not interested is supporting it as much as I want it to be supported, I respect his decision.

I will say that compared to my old router, my connection is substantially more stable and faster now, ping dropped by half and I have not had any disconnects as of yet with 10+ devices connected at any given time. The game prioritization seems to work well too, have my comp and two consoles on the 2nd 5GHz band and have had no lag issues.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!