What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just had an update through the routers Admin interface: 3.0.0.4.384_20308, all seems OK for me.... dare not reset it just in case the 2nd 5Ghz channel goes walk-a-bout, did as straight upgrade from August's firmware: 3.0.0.4.382.15984 without a factory reset.

Regards

I’m glad I purchased the extended warranty, because I’ve finally decided to return it. I think I’ve come to the conclusion that this router is just not what it’s supposed to be. It certainly isn’t meeting my performance needs for gaming on the Xbox. I bought into all the marketing hype, shame on me.

This afternoon I got so fed up with how poorly my online games were playing, laggy studdering, etc. So, I decided to plug in an old netgear nighthawk x4 to see if there was a difference and it was like night and day. My games were instantly smooth and all lag and studder has disappeared.

So disappointed because there is no reason my old router should be outperforming this one.
I’m thinking the same to be honest,only got mine in October and it’s a piece of junk really ,to many bugs ,my R7800 with voxel firmware was better,sold that though so might just get the Netgear XR500,will have to wait until March for Uk release of that though so will have to persevere.....I lost 7meg of my downloads after update ..junky spider

Just had an update through the routers Admin interface: 3.0.0.4.384_20308, all seems OK for me.... dare not reset it just in case the 2nd 5Ghz channel goes walk-a-bout, did as straight upgrade from August's firmware: 3.0.0.4.382.15984 without a factory reset.

Regards

Hate to tell you but you must do a reset. This is a major upgrade .82 to .84.

CC

Regards
on a positive note it should be much more stable than the firmware you were on. Most of us upgraded last week and it is a great improvement. For those that upgraded last week there is a firmware upgrade for us too 3.0.0.4.384_20308 via the router only.

What`s new at 20308 compared to 20287?

My dlna bug still persists, keep scanning and do not go to idle

I tried to add just one folder with 1 file and error persists, it goes idle but after a reboot it goes to scanning and do not goes to idle again
@RMerlin is that something can i do to try to fix the scanning issue at media center?

Last edited:
I know last night my 5Ghz-1 Band was not letting anything connect to it only to 2 so I did a reset took the new update that was offered via Web interface things seem back to Normal if it starts acting up again I am going back to the R7800 for a bit till they can get some more kinks sorted out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on a positive note it should be much more stable than the firmware you were on. Most of us upgraded last week and it is a great improvement. For those that upgraded last week there is a firmware upgrade for us too 3.0.0.4.384_20308 via the router only.

I took the plunge,factory reset, and it worked, kept all wifi channels and did a number of reboots and it all comes back up, impressed TBH.

Regards

Submitted a case for my protocol is buggy spam in the syslog from the recent official firmware.

Feb 1 20:38:14 kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy, dev br0
Feb 1 20:38:17 kernel: protocol 86dd is buggy, dev eth0
Feb 1 20:38:17 kernel: protocol 86dd is buggy, dev br0
Feb 1 20:38:21 kernel: protocol 86dd is buggy, dev eth0

Received a reply today with a link to beta firmware Version:9.0.0.4.384_20311 but it didn’t solve the issue. Raised another support case through the feedback option in the router.
I have the same issue. Going to try factory reset soon

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Disabling link aggregation in switch control did eliminate the errors me. Still need to do a factory reset

Disabling link aggregation in switch control did eliminate the errors me. Still need to do a factory reset

Change log for RT-AC5300 shows the following:

ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.20308
Bug fix
- Fixed GUI error on firmware update page.
The progress bar may always appear on firmware upgrade page after installed 3.0.0.4.384.20287.
If your router had this issue, you can manually reboot the router to solve this issue and enter the firmware upgrade page to install the latest firmware. Riden of NCC Group)

Edit: available for download on UK site now:

https://www.asus.com/uk/Networking/ROG-Rapture-GT-AC5300/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Last edited:
I got the firmware update available notification icon in the browser but I can't find a syslog entry indicating an update is available; is there one?

I'd like to configure my syslog server to notify me when there is.

Did you try disabling link aggregation? I contacted Asus support and they were able to replicate the errors and are working on a fix. If you aren't using link aggregation, disabling it should stop those errors. Also I believe eth3 and eth4 are actually ports 5/6 if you want to try changing ports. If you are using link aggregation, you have to revert to a previous beta firmware to stop those errors or wait til Asus patches the issue in a future one.

Thank you I had a feeling this might be the problem, I have my NAS using link aggregation so I guess I will just deal with it until they fix it correctly. And on the last beta I couldn't get it to work so I will stay on the release firmware for now. Unless a better working beta comes out.

Well this is my first post here wish it would be under better circumstances. But I also am a owner of this so called gem. My problem is when I'm gaming online the game starts to physically slow down. And I start to get this micro stuttering in the game. Every time I do a reboot to the router the game will play fine for about 3-5 games and slowly migrates back to this slow micro stuttering. I honestly have no clue what the cause of this might be. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced what I'm saying? I know people will by this router for various reasons and not really use it for gaming but as far as this router sits now it is by no means a gaming router. It honestly feels like this router is connecting to something behind the scenes and causing this to happen.. While this is a cool looking router I wish I would have bought something else. This router is buggy!

Well this is my first post here wish it would be under better circumstances. But I also am a owner of this so called gem. My problem is when I'm gaming online the game starts to physically slow down. And I start to get this micro stuttering in the game. Every time I do a reboot to the router the game will play fine for about 3-5 games and slowly migrates back to this slow micro stuttering. I honestly have no clue what the cause of this might be. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced what I'm saying? I know people will by this router for various reasons and not really use it for gaming but as far as this router sits now it is by no means a gaming router. It honestly feels like this router is connecting to something behind the scenes and causing this to happen.. While this is a cool looking router I wish I would have bought something else. This router is buggy!
I get slowdowns and it eventually quits with SmartConnect enabled; hence, I had to disable it.
Posting your configuration and setup would be helpful.

That’s exactly what I have been experiencing as well. It appears to be more pronounced when I’m using the gaming ports. I also had a situation where disabling Ipv6 seemed to make it better. It could have been totally coincidental and placebo. I’m using my router primarily for my 2 Xbox One X’s.

Now I’m having a weird MAC address pop up in the log but doesn’t belong to any device I own in the house and doesn’t show up on the network map:

Feb 1 21:49:06 roamast: eth6: add client [00:20:00:bb:a2:06] to monitor list

This pops up over and over.

I get slowdowns and it eventually quits with SmartConnect enabled; hence, I had to disable it.
Posting your configuration and setup would be helpful.
Thanks Rolo, I do have smart connect disabled. What type of config and set up would you want? I will try my best. I'm not completely new to routers but honestly ive never had issues like I am with any router like this. So I may ask a lot of questions..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!