What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Another question

Anyone knows what is is this?

Feb 5 16:55:09 kernel: jffs2: warning: (1744) jffs2_sum_write_data: Not enough space for summary, padsize = -518

Hey everyone.. I have a question about the port forwarding on this router. Ive always been curious to know what is suppose to go into all the blank fields in the port forwarding section of this router. I noticed that port forwarding.com doesn't show anything in a few fields and I was wondering what are they there for or what do they do. Here is the list bellow..
Service Name.. I know what goes here.
Source Target.. I don't know what goes here or what its used for.. Does anyone?
Port Range... I know what goes here..
Local IP.. I know what goes here..
Local Port.. I don't know what goes here or what it does or is used for?
Protocol.. I know what goes here..
If any one has any insight on this Id love to hear it.. Ive been really curious on this.. Thanks!

So does anyone know if you are AiMeshing a Tri Band and Dual Band router, which 5G radio is meshed with the Dual Band AiNode?

Hey everyone.. I have a question about the port forwarding on this router. Ive always been curious to know what is suppose to go into all the blank fields in the port forwarding section of this router. I noticed that port forwarding.com doesn't show anything in a few fields and I was wondering what are they there for or what do they do. Here is the list bellow..
Service Name.. I know what goes here.
Source Target.. I don't know what goes here or what its used for.. Does anyone?
Port Range... I know what goes here..
Local IP.. I know what goes here..
Local Port.. I don't know what goes here or what it does or is used for?
Protocol.. I know what goes here..
If any one has any insight on this Id love to hear it.. Ive been really curious on this.. Thanks!

Source Target is if you want to only allow port forwarding to a specific source IP. For example, I open FTP access to my NAS only from my VPS, so in that field I put my VPS's IP.

Local Port is what it says: the local port to forward to. If you wanted to forward public port 22389 to your computer's Remote Desktop 3389 (to avoid exposing the well-known 3389 to port scanners), then Port Range would be 22389, and local port would be 3389.

Another question for the group, anywhere to set the local host name for the router, also miss names can't be set in dhcp reservations
You can set the SMB server name in USB Applications | Media Services and Servers | Network Place...

You can set the names for your DHCP reservations when you add the reservation. After selecting the MAC in the drop-down box, highlight it and type the name you want, then add the reservation.

Had a weird issue last night. Was watching Netflix on my TV and noticed the Wifi on my Cell phone wasn't working, it had an exclamation mark. Thought it was an issue with the phone so I restarted it. It still wouldn't connect. (This was using the first 5hz network). Same one that my TV was using to Stream Netflix. Then I went upstairs and noticed my daughters tablet was no longer connected to Wifi. At this point I went down to the router and rebooted it. After the reboot the phone and the tablet reconnected to the Wifi.

Now after the reboot my TV kept saying it wasn't connect to the Internet (though this may be unrelated), its possibly the tv just didn't know how to reconnect after the router was rebooted.

Using the latest firmware and did a reset after it was installed. This is the first time I've ever had this happen with this router. Has worked flawless since I got it a week after release. Was very bizarre.

@howie411 your tv is wired?
Mine, Sony with Android TV, is wired and if it's on when I restart my router...nothing short of a hard restart convince it to reconnect to internet.

I have 30 devices reboot or not nothing drops and everything auto reconnects on reboot. No connection issues.

I have 30 devices reboot or not nothing drops and everything auto reconnects on reboot. No connection issues.
You keep saying that but because you don't have an issue doesn't mean nobody has an issue ("Affirming a disjunct"). There are many, many bugs in this router and some of them affect connectivity.

SmartConnect crashes and burns ( just like @howie411 ) consistently whenever I have all 7 of my clients connected (works fine until my wife comes home with her htc 10 and Surface Pro 4 and reboots only last 30 minutes-3 hours before needing another reboot).
Without SmartConnect, some clients can't connect to one of the 5GHz channels (one Surface Pro works fine, the other can only connect to one 5GHz channel; one htc 10 is fine, the other can't connect to the other 5GHz channel).
The Network Map/Client List doesn't work for doodly.
All kinds of weirdness.

Had a weird issue last night. Was watching Netflix on my TV and noticed the Wifi on my Cell phone wasn't working, it had an exclamation mark. Thought it was an issue with the phone so I restarted it. It still wouldn't connect. (This was using the first 5hz network). Same one that my TV was using to Stream Netflix. Then I went upstairs and noticed my daughters tablet was no longer connected to Wifi. At this point I went down to the router and rebooted it. After the reboot the phone and the tablet reconnected to the Wifi.

Now after the reboot my TV kept saying it wasn't connect to the Internet (though this may be unrelated), its possibly the tv just didn't know how to reconnect after the router was rebooted.

Using the latest firmware and did a reset after it was installed. This is the first time I've ever had this happen with this router. Has worked flawless since I got it a week after release. Was very bizarre.
What was your prior firmware? Did you always update firmware? (I'm wondering if a bug was introduced at some point.)
Do you use SmartConnect? If not, do you use different SSIDs?

You keep saying that but because you don't have an issue doesn't mean nobody has an issue ("Affirming a disjunct"). There are many, many bugs in this router and some of them affect connectivity.

SmartConnect crashes and burns ( just like @howie411 ) consistently whenever I have all 7 of my clients connected (works fine until my wife comes home with her htc 10 and Surface Pro 4 and reboots only last 30 minutes-3 hours before needing another reboot).
Without SmartConnect, some clients can't connect to one of the 5GHz channels (one Surface Pro works fine, the other can only connect to one 5GHz channel; one htc 10 is fine, the other can't connect to the other 5GHz channel).
The Network Map/Client List doesn't work for doodly.
All kinds of weirdness.

What was your prior firmware? Did you always update firmware? (I'm wondering if a bug was introduced at some point.)
Do you use SmartConnect? If not, do you use different SSIDs?

I was previously using Version 3.0.0.4.382.15984 from 2017/08/25. Now i'm on Version 3.0.0.4.384.20308 . I am not using SmartConnect and all devices are on the same SSID/5Ghz band. Havent turned on any features other then the Trend AI protection. Its only happened once since I updated a few days ago, i just thought it was odd, especially since the TV kept working.

After upgrading to 20308 and then resetting my router and reconfiguring it from scratch, I've not had any issues with connectivity itself. However, I have had issues with speed over the LAN (I still have hardwired devices). I have Fiber from Verizon (their gigabit plan) and if I randomly test throughout the day, the speed gets slower and slower. Rebooting the router itself doesn't always solve the issue. Sometimes I have to reset the NIC (disable/enable) on the device to get better results. Has anyone else seen this happening?

What kind of network logs works for me only after wifi

Code:
Feb  6 19:53:41 roamast: eth6: add client [dc:85:de:ff:ba:ef] to monitor list
Feb  6 19:55:11 roamast: eth8: add client [dc:85:de:ff:ba:ef] to monitor list
Feb  6 20:15:26 roamast: eth6: add client [dc:85:de:ff:ba:ef] to monitor list
Feb  6 20:20:46 roamast: eth8: add client [dc:85:de:ff:ba:ef] to monitor list
Feb  6 20:33:16 roamast: eth6: add client [30:07:4d:0e:c0:b7] to monitor list
Feb  6 20:34:41 roamast: eth7: add client [30:07:4d:0e:c0:b7] to monitor list
Feb  6 21:35:31 roamast: eth7: add client [ec:1f:72:ec:3c:51] to monitor list

What kind of network logs works for me only after wifi

Code:

Those are your wireless clients connected to interfaces with roaming assistant enabled; this is normal (though I don't know why they classified the log entry the way they did).

You can toggle roaming assistant in Wireless | Professional for each radio.

Source Target is if you want to only allow port forwarding to a specific source IP. For example, I open FTP access to my NAS only from my VPS, so in that field I put my VPS's IP.

Local Port is what it says: the local port to forward to. If you wanted to forward public port 22389 to your computer's Remote Desktop 3389 (to avoid exposing the well-known 3389 to port scanners), then Port Range would be 22389, and local port would be 3389.
Thanks so much Merlin.. I appreciate the explanation. Now I understand.. Your my new hero! Thanks again!

Those are your wireless clients connected to interfaces with roaming assistant enabled; this is normal (though I don't know why they classified the log entry the way they did).

You can toggle roaming assistant in Wireless | Professional for each radio.
how to do it you can say because each time I will add a lot of it a lot at a time

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!