What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ended up re-installing last night. Initialized and restored, then set up from scratch. For good measure, did a software reboot after and seems to be working now. If it stays solid, will set node back up this weekend as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ended up re-installing last night. Initialized and restored, then set up from scratch. For good measure, did a software reboot after and seems to be working now. If it stays solid, will set node back up this weekend as well.

Regarding your tag line... how do you have a fiber backhaul between 2 GT-AC5300s? Sorry, if that's a dumb question.

OE

Take this for what it is worth (i thought they were crazy) support once told me that you have to factory reset 3 times to complete cleat our the router.

Hi, When you say factory reset it means reset with button
not only reset with asus OS?

Regarding your tag line... how do you have a fiber backhaul between 2 GT-AC5300s? Sorry, if that's a dumb question.

OE

Backhaul would be transport to the modem...fronthaul would be between nodes or from modem out. How it’s referenced in my industry anyways. Guess you could do fiber fronthaul with media converters, but makes no sense.

Backhaul would be transport to the modem...fronthaul would be between nodes or from modem out. How it’s referenced in my industry anyways. Guess you could do fiber fronthaul with media converters, but makes no sense.

Understood. Not knowing otherwise, I adopted ASUS's term 'backhaul' for the node-to-node connection. So, your fiber backhaul puzzled me.

OE

Anyone put one of these in an unconditioned space? Thinking about moving my node once I set it back up to some attic space. Will just have to run some cat6 I have sitting in the garage. It’s a 2nd floor walk out attic space and has radiant barrier, so shouldn’t be too terribly bad temp wise.

Anyone put one of these in an unconditioned space? Thinking about moving my node once I set it back up to some attic space. Will just have to run some cat6 I have sitting in the garage. It’s a 2nd floor walk out attic space and has radiant barrier, so shouldn’t be too terribly bad temp wise.

Unfortunately I have mine in the worst spot possible. Mine is in my unfinished basement right next to the house’s main power breaker and fuse box. If that isn’t enough it’s on a shelf right bellow all my A/C duct work. Since my builder was so nice to put everything there and no way to move it is the reason why I bought this router. I basically over bought with the hopes of extra shielding and signal strength.
I have no issues with it at all. I also run a 66U on the main floor as a access point for extra coverage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20467 runs better for me than 20311 did; I was getting crashes/reboots with 311 but I have 4 days' uptime with 467, which I never had before. I only did a power cycle, no reset (dirty flash).

I almost went 6 days' uptime before spontaneously rebooting. Back to 308 it is (I don't believe I had spontaneous reboots with it) unless someone has a better idea to troubleshoot.

It occured when I got home and the last logged item was DHCP. I wonder if this and the SmartConnect failing and causing the router to eventually halt are related.

Is there any way to get more diagnostic information in addition to a syslog server?

Code:
192.168.142.1    Mar 19 09:15:29        daemon    info    dnsmasq-dhcp[1934]    DHCPDISCOVER(br0) 80:7a:bf:38:4f:bf 
192.168.142.1    Mar 19 09:15:29        daemon    info    dnsmasq-dhcp[1934]    DHCPOFFER(br0) 192.168.142.110 80:7a:bf:38:4f:bf 
192.168.142.1    Mar 19 09:15:29        daemon    info    dnsmasq-dhcp[1934]    DHCPREQUEST(br0) 192.168.142.110 80:7a:bf:38:4f:bf 
192.168.142.1    Mar 19 09:15:29        daemon    info    dnsmasq-dhcp[1934]    DHCPACK(br0) 192.168.142.110 80:7a:bf:38:4f:bf android-a852046d99ade491
192.168.142.1    Feb 13 19:00:26        user    info    kernel    br0: topology change detected, propagating

I may need to go back to 311 as my router stopped processing my VPN data. I had to disable it to get my devices to pass data again.

Hello,
I am new here and about to buy GT-AC5300.
Before this I have a very important question for my usage, I will need to use it with VPN (ASTRILL).
Is it possible to have it on this router and if so how to do ?
Thanks

Nope, all betas that are posted here comes from Asus
This depends on what you mean by "posted here" (does that include links to other sites?) and "comes from Asus" (authorship or released by?).

Asus made an effort to let me know that 467, "we seems not to formal release this beta version firmware" and was curious how I got it.

Did they release it? No.
Did they write it? Probably but I have no way of knowing, ultimately, so there is some risk. Web-of-trust and all that. Asus didn't deny it was theirs but that's a weak argument from silence.

This depends on what you mean by "posted here" (does that include links to other sites?) and "comes from Asus" (authorship or released by?).

Asus made an effort to let me know that 467, "we seems not to formal release this beta version firmware" and was curious how I got it.

Did they release it? No.
Did they write it? Probably but I have no way of knowing, ultimately, so there is some risk. Web-of-trust and all that. Asus didn't deny it was theirs but that's a weak argument from silence.

That’s what I wanted to know. So they are not public betas.

Asus did send the 467 as a fix for someone with a specific error (Qos, Radios)
So it's not officially posted as public beta, but a newer build ...
Use at own risk, but is't working better than 311 although it sometimes restarts out of the blue... (happened once).

I'm getting a replacement RT-5300 sent my way Tuesday after my original kicked the bucket. Was thinking about going this route but was a little apprehensive after reading here.

Is it true Merlin never plans to adopt this router? If so that definitely solidifies my decision. I dunno how I'd go without fq_codel in regards to gaming.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!