What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

There's a new official firmware out for the GT-AC5300. Upgraded to 3.0.0.4.384.20648 through the user interface.

Like doing manual upgrades and not seeing it available yet on US or UK servers yet.

First of all we need to be able to build the code. The tools in the source are pretty much useless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T677A using Tapatalk

Noticed if you go to Driver & Tools and use "other" for OS, they have the .20308 GPL for download. Seems most everywhere else it's much older 382 based firmware. FYI for anyone looking (only found trying to see if .20648 was posted anywhere yet).

It`s not avaiable to download Manually, but we have the release notes.. If anyone can get the FW outside the web interface post here please

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_20648
- Release Note -

New:
- Suport multi-langue(UTF-8) network name*
* Windows XP and Windows 7 do not support UTF-8 format SSID. These two OS may see gibberish if using multi-language SSID.

Security fixed:
- Fixed information disclosure vulnerability. Thanks to Haitan Xiang and Fand Wang.
- Fixed CVE-2018-8826 remote code execution vulnerability. Thanks to Chris Wood.
- Fixed AiCloud 2.0 Reflected XSS Vulnerability. Thanks to Guy Arazi and Niv Levi contribution.
- Thanks to Guy Arazi for following vulnerabilities.
- AiCloud 2.0 Stored XSS Share link manager.
- AiCloud 2.0 Reflected XSS - "share a link"
- Download Master HTTP service DoS vulnerability.
- Download Master Reflected XSS Main login.

Bug fixed:
- Improved AiMesh stability.
- Fixed AiMesh mac filter bugs
- Improved system stability.
- Fixed DST related bugs.
- Fixed client list related bugs.
- Fixed traffic analyzer UI bugs.

Last edited:
It`s not avaiable to download Manually, but we have the release notes.. If anyone can get the FW outside the web interface post here please

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_20648
- Release Note -

New:
- Suport multi-langue(UTF-8) network name*
* Windows XP and Windows 7 do not support UTF-8 format SSID. These two OS may see gibberish if using multi-language SSID.

Security fixed:
- Fixed information disclosure vulnerability. Thanks to Haitan Xiang and Fand Wang.
- Fixed CVE-2018-8826 remote code execution vulnerability. Thanks to Chris Wood.
- Fixed AiCloud 2.0 Reflected XSS Vulnerability. Thanks to Guy Arazi and Niv Levi contribution.
- Thanks to Guy Arazi for following vulnerabilities.

Bug fixed:
- Improved AiMesh stability.
- Fixed AiMesh mac filter bugs
- Improved system stability.
- Fixed DST related bugs.
- Fixed client list related bugs.
- Fixed traffic analyzer UI bugs.
Looks nice, but till we get GPL bundle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T677A using Tapatalk

Hi,
Anyone also experiencing issues with the first 5G band combined with a Samsung Galaxy S9?
Before i had the S9, builds 308/311/467 worked nice and stable...
But when the S9 comes online (connected to first 5G band) it goes ok for some time, but then the complete band disappears..
Only 2.4 and 2nd 5G are available, already connected clients have no issues but new clients cannot connect to those bands....
So i had to reboot the router to fix this... but this happens serveral times a day, so a real problem...
In the log nothing is found...
For now i have set the S9 to the 2.4 band and the issue is gone!
Will try and see what happens with the 648 FW...

I had the same problem with the 1st 5ghz band dropping off...the signal strength looked like a sawtooth wave. Disabling smart connect solved the problem on my end. I haven't tried turning it back on with the most recent fw. Band steering for me is mostly useless anyway as I don't have a ton of users.

I had the same problem with the 1st 5ghz band dropping off...the signal strength looked like a sawtooth wave. Disabling smart connect solved the problem on my end. I haven't tried turning it back on with the most recent fw. Band steering for me is mostly useless anyway as I don't have a ton of users.

Smart connect is never enabled on mine.... so must be some other problem...

Hi everybody,

I had both, the RT-AC5300 and and GT sitting side by side on the shelf and the purchase price difference was so small I had to take the "better" on - or it least I thought so :-/

I purchased the router for 2 particular reasons, "policy driven VPN" - VPN-Fusion here, and the router being powerful enough functioning as a NAS via USB3 port.

Now, coming to my issue: I cannot make my OPEN-VPN work in VPN-Fusion, it just does NOTHING and I do follow every rule of the book.
The internet is just blocked altogether (nothing goes through - everything times out)

My VPN provider is EXPRESSVPN and everything works just fine when I use their apps for iOS and Windows as well as Android.
I do have Samsung TV sets that cannot have apps and I need to stream to them via the router but it just doesn't work.

I am writing this because I read many things here and it all said the the firmware is buggy and not working. Is that so?
I have now 3 updates behind me, today was the last one to Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.384_20648 but STILL, OpenVPN is not working.

Would someone please be kind enough to enlighten me why it works perfect with my old Asus router model RT-AC55UHP but not with this one?
I do follow the steps, setting up the proper server, uploading the proper files and it does connect to VPN server.

Is there anything that I am missing here or is it really just not working at all?

Thanks you for your advice in advance.

Regards,
jAKE

Hi,
Anyone also experiencing issues with the first 5G band combined with a Samsung Galaxy S9?
Before i had the S9, builds 308/311/467 worked nice and stable...
But when the S9 comes online (connected to first 5G band) it goes ok for some time, but then the complete band disappears..
Only 2.4 and 2nd 5G are available, already connected clients have no issues but new clients cannot connect to those bands....
So i had to reboot the router to fix this... but this happens serveral times a day, so a real problem...
In the log nothing is found...
For now i have set the S9 to the 2.4 band and the issue is gone!
Will try and see what happens with the 648 FW...

Backup your settings and do a factory reset, if it still causes problems restore your settings and try the new firmware and repeat, also try a different channel on the 1st 5Ghz,

Regards

Interesting as this is whats on the Asus Website. Very confusing with all the differnt firmware versions in the wild. Yours is later than this from

Version 3.0.0.4.384.20379 2018/02/1345.7 MBytes
ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4. 384.20379
Security fixed
- Fixed KRACK vulnerabilities
Thanks to Guy Arazi for following vulnerabilities.
Bug fixed
- Fixed Let’s encrypt authentication issue.
- Fixed IPSec connection problem when PSK/Account/Password over 32 characters.
- Fixed typo in AiProtection alert mail.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 77f00caf5f46557f8f908db5ddfa85a9

2018/04/04 Downloaded

Interesting as this is whats on the Asus Website. Very confusing with all the differnt firmware versions in the wild. Yours is later than this from

Version 3.0.0.4.384.20379 2018/02/1345.7 MBytes
ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4. 384.20379
Security fixed
- Fixed KRACK vulnerabilities
Thanks to Guy Arazi for following vulnerabilities.
Bug fixed
- Fixed Let’s encrypt authentication issue.
- Fixed IPSec connection problem when PSK/Account/Password over 32 characters.
- Fixed typo in AiProtection alert mail.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 77f00caf5f46557f8f908db5ddfa85a9

2018/04/04 Downloaded
You listed the AC88U's firmware version; the current GT-AC5300 firmware is what he listed (648) as of yesterday.

When you upgrade the GT do you also have to update the mesh node (AC88U in my case)? or does it propagate the upgrade automagically? And if you upgrade the mesh node do you also have to reset and re-pair as mesh node? OR? Thanks!

You listed the AC88U's firmware version; the current GT-AC5300 firmware is what he listed (648) as of yesterday.

Yikes, yes you are correct and I had the tabs mixed up in my browser. My bad!:oops: And I see the 648 at the Asus site. Thanks.

When you upgrade the GT do you also have to update the mesh node (AC88U in my case)? or does it propagate the upgrade automagically? And if you upgrade the mesh node do you also have to reset and re-pair as mesh node? OR? Thanks!

nevermind i figured it out!

Upgrades went smoothly and I'm impressed as I did not do a reset. Just did a upgrade from the UI and the manual upload to the node. We shall see if a reset is necessary. Would like to think it would just work. Everything is working as expected. :D

So I am running a GT-AC5300 and an AC86U as the AiMesh Node. Somehow they have now screwed up the network Map, so Devices on 5G-1 on the AC5300 are listed with devices on the 5G band on the AiMesh Node, which are 2 different frequencies. One is at 36 on the AC5300, the other is at 153 on the AC86U. Then it lists 5G-2 which is 153 on the AC5300. Totally confusing. They really need to straighten this out.

My answer was related to AiMesh, not the GT-AC5300.

Lack of support for the GT-AC5300 is because of the amount of required work that would be unique to this specific model, and also because of infrequent GPL releases, meaning that half of the time I wouldn't even be able to compile a firmware release for it.
Thanks Merlin for the reply.. After I sent that message I wasn't sure. But now I know.. Merlin can you shed some light on what might cause a game to physically run slow? Something tells me my issue might have to do with buffering or buffer bloat.. The game usually starts out fine then this slowness sets in. I'm so confused at what I should try next. But what can a person do about buffer bloat? Is there a firmware out there that really could help this? Can buffer bloat cause lag spikes? Sorry for the many questions but I know your going to be the person that likely has the best answers for me.. Thanks Merlin..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!