What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

New firmware for the GT-AC5300 has been released (available via Firmware Update)

Firmware version 3004.384_21045-gb451ba1
- Release Note -
- Modifid the EULA for DDNS, AiProtection, Adaptove QoS, Traffic Analyzer, Web history, Feedback.
- Added Privacy page in Advanced settings
- Improved system stability.
- Improved AiMesh performance.
- Fixed XSS vulnerability. Thanks to Yonghui Han of Fortinet's FortiGuard Labs.
- Fixed CVE-2018-8877, CVE-2018-8878, CVE-2018-8879
- Fixed plain text password vulnerability in lighttpd.
- Modified Quick Internet Setup wizard process.
- Main SSID and guest network can hide independently.
- Fixed OpenVPN client authentication issues.
- Fixed DDNS register bugs.
- Administrator can asisgn specific WAN interface to register DDNS in dual wan load balance mode.
- Fixed IPv6 bugs
- Modified USB 3.0 related strings.
- Increased port formwarding rules limit from 32 to 64.
- Fixed AiMesh bandwidth and extenstion channel sync issue.

New firmware for the GT-AC5300 has been released (available via Firmware Update)

Firmware version 3004.384_21045-gb451ba1

I installed this earlier today (along with 3.0.0.4.384_20942-ge38bead for my RT-AC5300 AiMesh node - I had to do this manually, prob because the version # is different).

All seems stable after a few hours. One undocumented enhancement is that WiFi clients on Guest SSIDs now show as WiFi clients (with tx/rx bandwidth, etc.) instead of as wired in Network Map-->View List. And it seems that WiFi clients connected to the AiMesh node also appear as WiFi in View List.

Loaded it. Works the same as previous firmware for me so not that exciting even though I know there are improvements. Lyra supported yet? They look better than the routers Asus make - they are awful devices to look at.

This firmware is broken for me. It worked great for a day. I did a factory reset, loaded the new firmware, did another factory reset. Loaded all my settings manually (not restoring) and after a day I can’t get internet through and of the three bands. I’m going back to the previous firmware using the Asus utility. What a pain in the butt. So disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This firmware is broken for me. It worked great for a day. I did a factory reset, loaded the new firmware, did another factory reset. Loaded all my settings manually (not restoring) and after a day I can’t get internet through and of the three bands. I’m going back to the previous firmware using the Asus utility. What a pain in the butt. So disappointed.

Same here. Did a factory reset after loading up the new firmware, set up everything and did a reboot... Nothing. It would not boot so I had to do a firmware restore (utility) to the new stuff. It runs now but I constantly have disconnects. Going back to the previous version also.

Same here. Did a factory reset after loading up the new firmware, set up everything and did a reboot... Nothing. It would not boot so I had to do a factory restore to the new stuff. It runs now but I constantly have disconnects. Going back to the previous version also.

Glad to see it’s not just me. This router is so frustrating sometimes. At least the previous firmware was pretty rock solid for me. I am damn tempted to buy something Merlin supports at this point.

updated and client list still broken.. just a bunch of mac addresses

Have you tried to edit/add the names & icons from the Network Map page? Click on the Clients: ## button (above View List), then click the icon for on each device in the right-hand Client List column. From the pop-up box, you can change the names and icons, and they will persist until such time as you to a complete factory reset/initialize...

Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 9.23.37 AM.png

5GHz-2 still broken, randomly disappearing and disconnect clients. 2.4GHz and 5GHz-1 is fine.
I have come to suspect that the device firmware is overly-aggressive in REPORTING that a device has disconnected, removing it from the Client List but not actually breaking the connection. I can see this happen for both wired and wireless devices, even while the wireless devices still show an active connection on the System Log/Wireless Log page. Other devices will NEVER appear in the client list, even though they are actively communication (e.g., one of my Ecobee thermostats always appears, the other never appears - yet both are on-line).

Have you tried to edit/add the names & icons from the Network Map page? Click on the Clients: ## button (above View List), then click the icon for on each device in the right-hand Client List column. From the pop-up box, you can change the names and icons, and they will persist until such time as you to a complete factory reset/initialize...

View attachment 13331

the thing is my 88u never had this problem.. if i hook it back up it will just load the client list with whatever default values it can find and not mac addresses. i can rename sure ... but i shouldnt have too..

another example is the APP on my phone. it shows a list with names . not macs. ya i can rename them later. its just weird this gt-5300 just shows macs on the webgui...

I had a weird issue with the firmware the other day. I updated the firmware, reset the router. Then a couple hours later I noticed my Arlo showed offline, then I noticed my Asus phone app said it couldn't connect to the router. The odd thing was my Wifi, and everything was still working in the house. I had to reboot the router to fix it. Only has happened 1 time so far.

I had a weird issue with the firmware the other day. I updated the firmware, reset the router. Then a couple hours later I noticed my Arlo showed offline, then I noticed my Asus phone app said it couldn't connect to the router. The odd thing was my Wifi, and everything was still working in the house. I had to reboot the router to fix it. Only has happened 1 time so far.

I've had this problem a few times with the current version of firmware (3004.384_21045-gb451ba1) and the previous version. One (possibly both) of my 5ghz wifi networks would just crap out and all devices would disconnect. Most of the time it would come back. Sometimes I have to reboot the router.

I use VPN Fusion with three different devices. It stops passing internet traffic after a day and I have to disconnect the VPN and then reconnect. I figured I’d give the newest firmware another try but it was a bad idea.

I use VPN Fusion with three different devices. It stops passing internet traffic after a day and I have to disconnect the VPN and then reconnect. I figured I’d give the newest firmware another try but it was a bad idea.

Hi,
At least your VPN Fusion worked at all, I have unsuccessfully tried since i bought that router to hook up my ExpressVPN just to get NOTHING through .... as soon my VPN is enabled it still creates a black hole for me, meaning its like you pull the LAN cable from the PC. Am totally frustrated already. If only I bought the Ac88u or the RT AC5300 ... but NOooooo .......

Hi,
At least your VPN Fusion worked at all, I have unsuccessfully tried since i bought that router to hook up my ExpressVPN just to get NOTHING through .... as soon my VPN is enabled it still creates a black hole for me, meaning its like you pull the LAN cable from the PC. Am totally frustrated already. If only I bought the Ac88u or the RT AC5300 ... but NOooooo .......

Not sure if your settings but when you add your VPN don’t make it the default connection. Activate it then setup each device to use that connection. If that’s how you are doing it I’ve read many other posts complaint about express vpn and this router, I use IPVanish and Nord.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!