What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 finally announced

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FYI: WireGuard is currently available for the GT-AX6000 in RMerlin's current stable and alpha.
Screenshot 2022-10-28 at 09-12-51 ASUS Wireless Router GT-AX6000 - VPN Client.png

You need to ask Asus, since no person here will know or they are under an NDA.

Just powered the GT-AX6000 and after briefly looking through the stock GUI I didn't see a setting for Master Browser. Is that a Merlin FW feature, or did I not look in the right place? Thanks

Just powered the GT-AX6000 and after briefly looking through the stock GUI I didn't see a setting for Master Browser. Is that a Merlin FW feature, or did I not look in the right place? Thanks
USB Applications >Network Place (Samba) Share / Cloud Disk: Force as Master Browser

If that's the Master Browser that you are looking for! In Merlin at least, I think it's the same in the stock firmware, just so long as you can look at it for long enough without your eyes bleeding!

That feature is unique to Asuswrt-Merlin.

Master Browser is an obsolete feature anyway, related to SMB1. Your network should no longer be using SMB1.

That feature is unique to Asuswrt-Merlin.

Master Browser is an obsolete feature anyway, related to SMB1. Your network should no longer be using SMB1.
Yes, I know that, but I have a particular device, an OPPO 203 Blu-ray player that needs SMB1 to facilitate file playback over the LAN. I know there are other ways, but for now, this is the simplest solution.

Thanks

It has dropped to $330 as recently as July. I use The Camelizer to track pricing though I'm sure there are other price-tracking methods as well. Yes, $330 is still a stack of money, but $40 is $40. :)

Thanks. I'm only half serious about purchasing one at this point, so it needs to be a sufficiently enticing price. :)

Thanks. I'm only half serious about purchasing one at this point, so it needs to be a sufficiently enticing price. :)
I read conflicting things on this router on the forums.. that is has more transmit power on the lower 5Ghz frequencies than the AX86U? But then someone said in their environment the AX86S? did better through their walls. I agree the price needs to be lower/enticing to try it.

New firmware for this model released this AM...

Iam in doubt... To replace my gt-2900 for this model. Or just to move away to something like pfsence. I don't think other then support for new releases of the firmware I will notice a big difference. Or are there already users who has this unit running.

it wasn't posted on the website, but I checked using the ASUS app, and it is published as an update.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!