What's new

router Administration is weak if do it strong crashed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

techdepths

New Around Here
I updated my Asus AC87U firmware to ASUSWRT-MERLIN 380.62 then
try to set 50 characters long password for Administration password of Asus AC87U router, it set it ok but when I went back to login, I canot enter long password in password textbox, I realised the password box lenght limited to 18 I increased it to 50 manuallt by browser developer tools and put the user name and password to login to Asus AC87U with Asus,

it logined but all UI crashed and missy, any fix to enable us put a strong password for router Administration.

I updated my Asus AC87U firmware to ASUSWRT-MERLIN 380.62 then
try to set 50 characters long password for Administration password of Asus AC87U router, it set it ok but when I went back to login, I canot enter long password in password textbox, I realised the password box lenght limited to 18 I increased it to 50 manuallt by browser developer tools and put the user name and password to login to Asus AC87U with Asus,
it logined but all UI crashed and missy, any fix to enable us put a strong password for router Administration.

If I increase that limit, and you switch to an older firmware or to the stock firmware, you will be locked out of the router. That's the reason why I cannot safely increase that limit.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!