What's new

Router Recommendation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

amaurib

New Around Here
Hello guys, Im here looking for some Router recommendation that can suit my needs.

Right know i have a 60/5 connection to the internet (upgrade to 100/10 soon) and my current UTM is messing up my download speed. I have a Zyzel USG20 with latest firmware update after my ISP modem and my downloads are not higher than 2,3mbps, if i connect directly to the modem, i get easy to 6mbps.

I have tried connecting trough different port, different cable, different nic.. but the result still is the same..

One of the reasons i got that UTM was because I have 5 public ips, and i needed a way to easily configure my network trough a web UI.

I have attached a diagram of my current network setup. I have cabled the house with cat6 and two 8port Gig Switch, also all ports at home are gigabit.

Is there a router that you guys can recommend?

Also, it is very important to me, that this new router comes with firewall, the ability to set local dns records, an easy to use/configure UI and of course gigabit LAN/WAN ports.

Any recommendations?

Thank you for your time.....

Attachments

• network.jpg
    network.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 531
I just notice my Cisco RV180 router has one-to-one NAT also so it might work. The RV180 is a fairly cheap router. I would first read the release notes for the latest firmware.