What's new

Router Warranty - Asus/Netgear/TP-Link

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rtr8

Occasional Visitor
I had a question for the forum

a) What is the Standard Manufacturers Warranty for the Asus/Netgear/TP-Link routers.
b) Does the Price-Performance ratio provided in website taken into consideration the length of warranty into the price-performance ratio.

a) What is the Standard Manufacturers Warranty for the Asus/Netgear/TP-Link routers.
b) Does the Price-Performance ratio provided in website taken into consideration the length of warranty into the price-performance ratio.

Warranty Terms and Conditions vary by Region (NA, LATAM, EU, EMEA, APAC, etc) as well as country and even down to the state level... just as an FYI...

im reluctant to do ppl's homework but i will suggest you look at each manufactures standard warranty information along with your countries / states consumer laws with regard to warranty

if your asking how long these devices will last the answer is almost impossible to give but most of these router type devices seem to get replaced around every 3 years which is what most manufactures provide warranty wise although this can vary as stated

Manufacturer warranty is not a factor in any of our ratings.

Warranty's value is not in itself. Value is how the manufacturer/retailer handles the warranty service. Many routers I owned/played with over the years, only one needed warranty service. The router literally went up in smoke. When I phoned they shipped replacement overnight with UPS prepaid return label for shipping bad one back. It was Netgear R7500 which was less than a week old. Personally warranty is not a big factor for me when I purchase something like a router. When I purchase big items like car, major appliance, new house, that's different.

Personally warranty is not a big factor for me when I purchase something like a router.

Same here.

Quite often for me, early failure is just an excuse for buying a newer replacement:)

I was hoping for my Thinkpad T60 to fail a few years back, as I really wanted to get something with a better screen and USB 3.0. But we all know how durable those Thinkpads can be... Ended up selling it to someone. He's still using it after all these years o_O

Same here.

Quite often for me, early failure is just an excuse for buying a newer replacement:)

I was hoping for my Thinkpad T60 to fail a few years back, as I really wanted to get something with a better screen and USB 3.0. But we all know how durable those Thinkpads can be... Ended up selling it to someone. He's still using it after all these years o_O

Right. T- series in IBM era was built like tank. My family members owned various T-series, mine being T60P. My son's one had broken hinge that was about it. Now I am with ASUS ROG, others love their older Dell Lattitude laptops. Wonder Lenovo product is like that now. Dell is very easy to take apart and parts are plenty around when needed.