What's new

Router with good Parental Control & Remote Mgmt

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

utsc

New Around Here
My relative requires a router with strong parental control along with remote access

Main requirements after initial setup
1) Remotely edit access to specific devices by time/day (no iPad access after 11pm - 6 am)
2) Remotely view the web access logs by device (what sites were visited in the gaming PC)
3) Any other useful parental controls

Shouldn't it be possible to restrict web access at the MAC address level by time of day

ASUS routers can readily block access to specific devices during set time intervals, and remote access can be configured in a few ways, although setting up a VPN tunnel into the router is considered the only safe means to attain remote access. I'm not sure about being able to view what sites were visited by a specific device, however, it is readily possible to see what types of sites/services are being accessed. One thing that I would like to have but doesn't seem to be possible is to restrict access to certain types of sites by time of day, e.g., limit youtube, Netflix, or other streaming sites by time of day while allowing other protocols to continue to be used during the restricted period.

ASUS maintains a public demo of their router user interface. You might want to have a look at it.

Last edited:
ASUS routers can readily block access to specific devices during set time intervals, and remote access can be configured in a few ways, although setting up VPN tunnel into the router is considered the only safe means to attain remote access.

Can TM-AC1900 meet the above requirements with original TM firmware

AirMesh and other fancy features are not required