What's new

RT-AC1900P routers and scheduled reboot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Christian_Haitian

Occasional Visitor
Greetings All,

I'm looking to schedule a monthly reboot of my RT-AC1900P router. It is currently running Merlin's latest 384.15 CFW. I believe I've read somewhere that there was a bug with scheduled reboots at one point. I see messages on the thread about known issues with the RT-AC86U unit but I don't know if this is still the case for the RT-AC68 line of router units which my unit is part of. Can someone confirm if this is an issue or not for the RT-AC68 units with Merlin's latest firmware?

Thanks,

Greetings All,

I'm looking to schedule a monthly reboot of my RT-AC1900P router. It is currently running Merlin's latest 384.15 CFW. I believe I've read somewhere that there was a bug with scheduled reboots at one point. I see messages on the thread about known issues with the RT-AC86U unit but I don't know if this is still the case for the RT-AC68 line of router units which my unit is part of. Can someone confirm if this is an issue or not for the RT-AC68 units with Merlin's latest firmware?

Thanks,
Looks like you already have AMTM and a USB drive attached. SSH into the router, type AMTM, then I, then RS...
Now that I think I've answered the question, I question the need to reboot the router. Mine typically goes along just fine between Merlin updates as do many others from reports I've seen here. I'd recommend not doing a scheduled reboot unless there are some underlining factors not mentioned with your question.

Around 3 months or so, I've ran into situations where the network was unresponsive and the only fix seems to be to reboot the router. I haven't been able to figure out what exactly causes it as I can't even reliably log into the router when this occurs unless it's rebooted. Once rebooted, it chugs along well for another 3 or so months.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!