What's new

RT-AC3200 Current Official Firmware Thread (3.0.0.4.382.50624, 180601)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I've been rocking 50010 ever since it's release, and I have zero complaints. Using it as a AP only, it handles the job very well. No wifi problems, but all my devices is capable of using the 5ghz band, I think.

Just installed firmware 3.0.0.4.382.50010 on my RT-AC3200 today and had to revert to previous build because it kept dropping (or preventing) connections on the 2GHz wireless band on random devices. Now back to version 3.0.0.4.382_19466 and no major problems.

I'm running into the exact same issue with the 3.0.0.4.382.50010 version on my RT-AC3200. Just updated this morning. Roughly half of my 20 household devices are unable to connect anymore. They were all using the 2.4GHz band. I even factory reset my router after the firmware update, as recommended (https://www.asus.com/Microsite/2015/networks/routerfirmware_update/), sacrificing years of fine tuning the configuration of my device (overlooked the Restore/Save/Upload Setting tool, doh). Still no dice.

The most common symptom of being unable to connect is the device saying the password is incorrect. It was correct, I even reset it a couple times, and tried dozens of times on several devices that are unable to connect. Half of my devices are able to connect fine. Others symptoms are the client devices saying they're "unable to connect", "error", "Network Connection Error", and being stuck on "attempting to connect".

I'm also going to have to resort to the previous Version 3.0.0.4.382.19466 version (https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTAC3200/HelpDesk_BIOS/) until I see this has been addressed.

I'm running into the exact same issue with the 3.0.0.4.382.50010 version on my RT-AC3200. Just updated this morning. Roughly half of my 20 household devices are unable to connect anymore. They were all using the 2.4GHz band. I even factory reset my router after the firmware update, as recommended (https://www.asus.com/Microsite/2015/networks/routerfirmware_update/), sacrificing years of fine tuning the configuration of my device (overlooked the Restore/Save/Upload Setting tool, doh). Still no dice.

The most common symptom of being unable to connect is the device saying the password is incorrect. It was correct, I even reset it a couple times, and tried dozens of times on several devices that are unable to connect. Half of my devices are able to connect fine. Others symptoms are the client devices saying they're "unable to connect", "error", "Network Connection Error", and being stuck on "attempting to connect".
Please make sure you have Roaming Assistant disabled (on the Wireless Professional page for the 2.4 GHz band).

Last edited:
Glad it wasn't just me. It's been driving me nuts and I can't find any rhyme or reason...sometimes devices connect...sometimes they don't. I've been watching for another firmware update every day, even trying to for beta, but no luck. Just reverted back to 3.0.0.4.382_19466 and will monitor this thread.

Went back to 19466 as well and all devices now connect without issue. I'll be skipping the 50010 build.

Just installed firmware 3.0.0.4.382.50010 on my RT-AC3200 today and had to revert to previous build because it kept dropping (or preventing) connections on the 2GHz wireless band on random devices. Now back to version 3.0.0.4.382_19466 and no major problems.

I just want to add a "me too" to this thread. 50010 seems to be havoc on 2.4 gig devices. Sometimes there, sometimes not. Restarting the radio leaves leaves me with a different group of working and non working devices. There's also a thread in the Asus forum (https://vip.asus.com/forum/view.asp...20180208104816516&board_id=11&model=RT-AC3200).

I don't know if there could be a secondary problem like Open VPN server or the new "upgraded" firewall but I have limited time to be messing around with that stuff. It sure would be nice if Asus would test this stuff a bit better.

If you are using MAC filtering, turn it OFF. It will prevent devices from connecting even if it is set up correctly. Asus is looking into this bug.

If you are using MAC filtering, turn it OFF. It will prevent devices from connecting even if it is set up correctly. Asus is looking into this bug.

Thanks for the info. I used to use MAC filtering but am not anymore (so it's not the cause of the 2.4G problem).

As Wadidi said, MAC filtering can certainly give you a headache, especially if you use iOS devices. Assigning everything it's own IP in LAN DHCP took care of iOS stragglers, and the devices haven't' deviated through all iOS upgrades until now. Still running Merlin 380 but will be making the jump to 384 soon, it's been thoroughly wrung out and vetted, so if you don't need mesh...Thanks gents, Cheers.

Perhaps maybe merge the two threads or something? No replies in the other one yet.

No, because this thread was specifically about 382_50010.

They just dropped a new firmware version. Annoying the heck out of me, because I'm trying to update the reviews on this thing, and I updated to 3.0.0.4.382_50470 yesterday. Well, now there's something newer, and I gotta decide whether to round-file my last tests and test THIS one, or finish what I'm doing now, lol.

Actually, NM, appears to be a bug in the UI auto updater. I don't see any new version listed on the support page, and when I tell the RT-AC3200 to confirm update, I get hi-bit ASCII in the "progress bar" and it fails with "unable to connect to ASUS server to check for the update" (this is after manually clicking the "check update" and having it "confirm" that there is one and offer to download it, mind you). This has happened three times in succession, so I'm chalking this up to a QA fail and moving on with my life...

New fw out for AC3200!
Will update 1st post when I'm at a computer.

Download:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC3200/FW_RT_AC3200_300438250624.ZIP
Filename: FW_RT_AC3200_300438250624.ZIP
MD5: abf338d73547c9502c3fd20e1792486a

Changelog:
https://www.asus.com/sg/Networking/RTAC3200/HelpDesk_BIOS/
ASUS RT-AC3200 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.50624
- Modified the EULA for DDNS, AiProtection, Adaptive QoS, Traffic Analyzer, Web history, Feedback.
- Added Privacy page in Advanced settings
- Fixed IPv6 bugs
- Modified USB 3.0 related strings.
- Added more protection mechanism for OpenVPN account.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: abf338d73547c9502c3fd20e1792486a

Last edited:
Any of y'all gotten the out-of-the-box band steering to work with the 2.4 GHz radio? I tested this again recently, and no matter how much I screwed around with the behavior ruleset (let alone the out-of-the-box configs), with band steering turned on all 5 GHz capable devices connected to the 5 GHz radios only.

with band steering turned on all 5 GHz capable devices connected to the 5 GHz radios only.

I mean, that’s literally the point of band steering, to leave the 2.4Ghz less congested. Are you confusing it for some other technology? What’s your expected behaviour?