What's new

RT-AC3200 Current Official Firmware Thread (3.0.0.4.382.50624, 180601)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Has anyone successfully changed their NTP server? (Administration --> System --> NTP server) My RT-AC3200 has been rebooting recently (3.0.0.4.382_51374) and there isn't any clear indication of what the problem(s) is but NTP is referenced before and after the reboot. Because of that, I figured I try to change my NTP server to anything but the default of "pool.ntp.org" but when I push "Save" at the bottom, the page refreshes and pool.ntp.org is back in the box.

Last edited:
Kah00na, We check the setting, every time we update, and between times. Before NG came out, there was apparently an issue somewhere that affected the NTP date/time to become scrambled on reboot/restart. Hasn't been a problem lately.

Kah00na, We check the setting, every time we update, and between times. Before NG came out, there was apparently an issue somewhere that affected the NTP date/time to become scrambled on reboot/restart. Hasn't been a problem lately.
It is broken. I try to change my NTP server to "2.us.pool.ntp.org" and push "Apply" and it changes back to "pool.ntp.org". It does not save the changes. I'm running firmware 3.0.0.4.382_51374.

Kah00na, to clarify, we're on Merlin's NG FW, for what it's worth, has solved many longstanding issues including this recurring problem (for us).

It is broken. I try to change my NTP server to "2.us.pool.ntp.org" and push "Apply" and it changes back to "pool.ntp.org". It does not save the changes. I'm running firmware 3.0.0.4.382_51374.

After flashing to this firmware version you're now on, did you do a full reset to factory defaults followed by a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP?

Without using a backup config file to restore your settings?

If you did not do the above, there is little point in trying to troubleshoot with you going forward.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

Follow the link in my signature below to the M&M Config guide to get your router to a good/known state.

I do not own a AC3200 anymore, but newest firmware seems important. I'm just curious: Anyone tried it yet? Is AC3200 still good enough in late 2019?

Version 3.0.0.4.382.51939
2019/11/2038.76 MBytes
ASUS RT-AC3200 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.51939
- Fixed Let's encrypt register issues.
- Fixed Network map client list issues.
- Fixed OpenVPN related bugs.
- Fixed schedule reboot bugs.
- Improved system stability.
- Fixed dual wan failover bugs while the primary wan type is L2TP

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 4ec565916cf70de991a8fac31f96ce2c

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC3200/FW_RT_AC3200_300438251939.zip

OLAV, am thinking about testing the new official version on our 3200 after the holidays; ours has run well with newest Merlin versions for over 2 years, but it can't hurt to try. the stock version. Glad it's easy enough to move back to Merlin if the improvements aren't worthy. I've never had radio troubles like so many have reported, so it should be interesting. Merry Christmas:)

Is it safe to assume that Asus has officially abandoned the rt-ac3200 since no news/updates/blobs have been made available for quite sometime now ?

Is it safe to assume that Asus has officially abandoned the rt-ac3200 since no news/updates/blobs have been made available for quite sometime now ?

They issued a new firmware less than two months ago, so it's definitely not abandoned yet.