What's new

RT-AC3200 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.3479 and WOL & Reboot issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Clayton Burton

Occasional Visitor
Since I upgraded to the latest version (3.0.0.4.380.3479) for my ASUS RT-AC3200, I'm unable to Wake On LAN when I'm away so I access my home PC to use Google Remote and other apps. I've since downgraded to the previous beta version (9.0.0.4.380.2695) and also tried version 3.0.0.4.378.9529 with no issues. I use a small sized USB drive with the file .asusrouter inside the asusware.arm folder which allows me to WOL from anywhere without using the AiCloud App to WOL. I also have a string inside to reboot my router every morning at 4am. Here is the contents of .asusrouter:

#!/bin/sh

i=0
while [ $i -le 20 ]; do
success_start_service=`nvram get success_start_service`
if [ "$success_start_service" == "1" ]; then
break
fi
i=$(($i+1))
echo "autorun APP: wait $i seconds...";
sleep 1
done

arp -i br0 -s 192.168.1.2 **:**:**:**:**:**
arp -s 192.168.1.2 **:**:**:**:**:**

/usr/sbin/cru a ScheduledReboot "0 4 * * * reboot"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**:**:**:**:**:** is the MAC address of my PC. This use to allow me to automatically reboot my router every 4am and allow me to WOL from any browser site or app that allows it. After upgrading to the latest firmware of 3.0.0.4.380.3479, this no longer works and I've also noticed that while trying to sort this out, the .asusrouter file sometimes gets renamed to .asusrouter.Disabled. Not sure if Asus disabled these options or if its an issue with the firmware. I had not yet tried the Merlin RT-AC3200_380.60_alpha3-gda2457a.zip to see it behaves the same way, nor have I tried to see if jffs/scripts still work. Anyone else experiencing this issue and/or anyone have any ideas? Thank you and I look forward to some input from experts that are more familiar with this technology than I am. Cheers!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!