What's new

RT-AC66R - Slow Navigating Router's Settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

robahearts

Regular Contributor
I have an issue with my RT-AC66R running ASUSMerlin. I noticed that when I tried to change tabs within the router's settings the process is really, really slow. I tried resetting the router and cecking the logs and everything looks normal.

I can go to VPN > PPTP Server and it takes forever to get me to the setting page.

Anyone else had this issue before/now?

Thanks

I have an issue with my RT-AC66R running ASUSMerlin. I noticed that when I tried to change tabs within the router's settings the process is really, really slow. I tried resetting the router and cecking the logs and everything looks normal.

I can go to VPN > PPTP Server and it takes forever to get me to the setting page.

Anyone else had this issue before/now?

Thanks
same issue. Haven't had a chance to debug it.

This is usually caused by a conflict with a security software suite. Eset is most notable for causing this.

This is usually caused by a conflict with a security software suite. Eset is most notable for causing this.

This issue is happening from inside and outside my network and I see the same result. I'm running a Mac with no AVs and still see this issue.

This issue is happening from inside and outside my network and I see the same result. I'm running a Mac with no AVs and still see this issue.

I found my problem. I just launched Safari and is way faster navigating the settings. I might be running a chrome extension causing this issue. I'll report back.

Solution:

I was running a Chrome extension called Privacy Badger. This was blocking cookies from:

47.*.*.* mywanip

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!