What's new

RT-AC66U or RT-AC68U ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Roger that.

Then it's settled. I'll get the AC68P and return the AC66U. There is a refurbished one on Newegg for 160$. I didn't see it or the deal didn't exist when I ordered the AC66U.

$160.00 for refurbished is not a good deal. I got the AC68P brand new from Best Buy for $169.99. Just wait for a sale.

68P On sale now for $160 at bestbuy. Get that or the 3100 for $279?

Why keep asking the same question over and over? Buy both to test and keep the one that fits your needs better.

Sorry just trying to see what people think. No one really answers the question. Is the difference between the 2 worth the money. Plus, I don't believe that buying multiple routers to try out and bring back is the right thing to do. Just my opinion.

Sorry just trying to see what people think. No one really answers the question. Is the difference between the 2 worth the money. Plus, I don't believe that buying multiple routers to try out and bring back is the right thing to do. Just my opinion.

The problem is that no one can tell you which is better for your situation.

Even if I had the two routers you are considering, it would mean very little when trying to apply it to your environment, network usage and client devices.

You can simply decide to buy a router and stick with it no matter what. But that is not how you will get the best value for your money for your specific circumstances today.

While I can appreciate your opinion (and in fact, used to think as you do), it will rarely get you a great fit for a piece of equipment that is as complex as a router is today.

To not start a new thread.
I have a Dark Knight now, running John's fork, but would like to be able to use Merlin.
I can get as used AC66 B1 or AC68U. Later is more expensive. Is there any reason to get the AC68, is it better in any way?
I will use Diversion and Skynet, nothing else, maybe OpenVPN but just to remote access router.
ISP is cable modem, in bridge mode, 1000/25 Mbit.

Depending on the actual RT-AC68U you're considering, the RT-AC66U_B1 will probably be the better buy as it will have more recent hardware (and possibly a slightly faster processor too).

You might not be able to hit 1000Mbps download, but it will be close enough with the scripts you list (I could hit anywhere from around 935 to 1.1K Mbps with the RT-AC86U, for reference, on a Fibre 1000/1000 connection).

Depending on the actual RT-AC68U you're considering, the RT-AC66U_B1 will probably be the better buy as it will have more recent hardware (and possibly a slightly faster processor too).

You might not be able to hit 1000Mbps download, but it will be close enough with the scripts you list (I could hit anywhere from around 935 to 1.1K Mbps with the RT-AC86U, for reference, on a Fibre 1000/1000 connection).
Hm, the 66U B1 is newer than AC86U? I didn't know that. Well, if I understand it correctly, the AC66U B1 is better?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!