What's new

RT-AC68U AiMesh - Keeps dropping all 4 nodes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

charsiufan

Occasional Visitor
I have 5 RT-AC68U's in a mesh. They are all connected by ethernet backhaul - no wireless. Frequently (at least once a week) all nodes stop working and are shown as offline in the AiMesh node list. This is fixed by rebooting the main router but in the meantime brings down Wifi for all nodes.

I have tried factory reset for all devices more than once (and very time consuming) and all boxes using the latest firmware but so far no solution. Any advice?

I have 5 RT-AC68U's in a mesh. They are all connected by ethernet backhaul - no wireless. Frequently (at least once a week) all nodes stop working and are shown as offline in the AiMesh node list. This is fixed by rebooting the main router but in the meantime brings down Wifi for all nodes.

I have tried factory reset for all devices more than once (and very time consuming) and all boxes using the latest firmware but so far no solution. Any advice?

Five is a lot of WiFi. What is the sq. ft. area and number of levels you are trying to cover?

I wonder if 5 nodes is too many for an 68U router, causing it to run out of resources and fall over.

Are there any clues in the router General Log at the time of the event?

Perhaps the root node is defective. Set it aside and try one of the remote nodes as a root node. Be sure to reset all nodes before configuring the root node and adding the remote nodes.

OE

Last edited:
I have 5 RT-AC68U's in a mesh. They are all connected by ethernet backhaul - no wireless. Frequently (at least once a week) all nodes stop working and are shown as offline in the AiMesh node list.

Surely, if your units are all wired via ethernet (and no WiFi) you would be better off using Access Point Mode.

Last edited:
Agree with @AndreiV, and appropriate control channels for each AP too. :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!