What's new

rt-ac68u help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sledhead1

New Around Here
I flashed to the latest merlin build and have been having issues. I kept losing internet connection. I tried to roll back the firmware and no luck. I have also reset it many times. I have also tried to put the stock asus firmware on it but it wont install, it still has merlin on it. What should i try/do next?:confused:

I flashed to the latest merlin build and have been having issues. I kept losing internet connection. I tried to roll back the firmware and no luck. I have also reset it many times. I have also tried to put the stock asus firmware on it but it wont install, it still has merlin on it. What should i try/do next?:confused:

Which version of my firmware did you flash? If you flashed anything older than 378.50, you won't be able to flash the latest firmware from Asus as it requires coming from a firmware with a 64 MB partition. You will have to flash either 378.50, or Asus's 376_3626 first.

Also, try booting your router with no USB disk plugged in, as otherwise the router might be too low on free RAM to accept the firmware update.

I flashed to 378.50, then reset to factory. After a few hours i lost internet connection. Tried reseting again, then reload again. Then i tried rolling back to 376.47, factory reset. No luck. So i tried to load the latest asus firmware. It said it was doing its thing but when i went to 192.168.1.1 it said 376.47 merlin. Tried factory reset, and also holding down the wps button till the lights flashed fast on the front.

Right now i have everything disconnect and sitting on the kitchen table hotspotting off my phone. lol I tried to hook up directly to the moden and it worked fine. Tried a know good cable and no luck. Should i try the asus firmware recovery app?

Well i did the firmware recovery to the asus 378.3873. I will see how long it stay connected to the internet. Can i try Merlin again or should i just stay with this for now?

Still having issues. Was trying to play xbox one online and kept getting disconnected. Its wired. Then tried to use the laptop to google if others where having problems and i could not. Rebooted router and trying again

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!