What's new

RT-AC68U / RT-AC68P / RT-AC1900 / RT-AC1900P

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just ordered an RT-AC1900P to replace an RT-AC66U (A1) that I'll be giving to my parents. Looking forward to the extra horsepower :)

Edit: Returned the AC1900p for the AC86u instead.

Last edited:
who uses the AI protection from asus router?

I have it enabled on my AC86u. I can't find the thread, but RMerlin mentioned that it's the same software stack that trendmicro sells on their corporate side. He seemed to think highly of it.

This may sound like a stupid question, but wouldn't the newest AC66U B1 version router belong here, since it's a repackaged 68U? Or the TM-1900 version of the 68U being flashed to a 68U with the Merlin FW?

I have it enabled on my AC86u. I can't find the thread, but RMerlin mentioned that it's the same software stack that trendmicro sells on their corporate side. He seemed to think highly of it.

Nice, and what about the AI Protection for Enable Vulnerability protection / Infected device prevention and blocking function:

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1010064/

34fd4555-4ff0-4a58-9dc6-8d2d681f2b3c.gif

9c456ae9-db92-4e54-b283-ffef6a7e9d95.gif

I never got any email about nothing, I wish asus could sent an email just for test if it´s working...:(:confused:

For the AiProtection emails to work first make sure you don't have 2 factor authentication enabled. I actually set up a separate gmail account with out 2 factor just for AiProtection and have that account forward all emails to my main account. Next thing that I had to do to get the emails working was to enter my email address without the gmail.com part. Once I saved and backed out of the AiProtection page and then came back in the gmail.com shows up. I think they add the gmail.com part for you. After that you should get an email stating that you set it up correctly.

For the AiProtection emails to work first make sure you don't have 2 factor authentication enabled. I actually set up a separate gmail account with out 2 factor just for AiProtection and have that account forward all emails to my main account. Next thing that I had to do to get the emails working was to enter my email address without the gmail.com part. Once I saved and backed out of the AiProtection page and then came back in the gmail.com shows up. I think they add the gmail.com part for you. After that you should get an email stating that you set it up correctly.

You don't need to disable 2FA. You just create an application password specifically for AIProtection.

Here's the sticker for my 1900P bought at BB's Black Friday. Note B2 Hardware.

Joe

Attachments

• 1900P.JPG
    1900P.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 756
Here's the sticker for my 1900P bought at BB's Black Friday. Note B2 Hardware.

Joe

Hi Joe,

I have the exact hardware (B2), firmware version and manufacture year. Purchased mine at BB a few days ago as well.

I did notice on the box the flash memory says 128 MB, DDRIII is 256 MB. The review on SNB says 256 MB of flash. So here comes the newbie question for the pros, why is the flash size different from the review?

Thanks!

Attachments

• BE1EAEC3-B76F-4FC4-BC64-59BDCD045457.jpeg
    BE1EAEC3-B76F-4FC4-BC64-59BDCD045457.jpeg
    18.7 KB · Views: 635
I just got brand new RT-AC68U E1 and i was wondering which radio it has.
Log says.

Aug 1 02:00:13 kernel: eth1: Broadcom BCM4360 802.11 Wireless Controller 6.37.14.126 (r561982)
Aug 1 02:00:13 kernel: eth2: Broadcom BCM4360 802.11 Wireless Controller 6.37.14.126 (r561982)

Is this 100% correct or can can also be BCM43602?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!