What's new

[RT-AC86U, 384.17] can't remove; no space left on device

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wow, I think it actually worked.

For posterity, here's the exact sequence I followed:

Disable Traffic Analyzer in GUI -> Backup JFFS Partition -> Disable Custom Scripts and Configs -> Format JFFS Partition at Next Boot -> Reboot Twice -> Restore JFFS Partition -> Delete TrafficAnalyzer.db -> Enable Custom Scripts and Configs

I don't know if the act of backing up and restoring the JFFS partition freed up some pending writes that gave enough space to delete TrafficAnalyzer.db? But it worked! Thanks all for the help.

Oh dear. I've seen this before and it was difficult to resolve even with doing a factory reset.

As I don't have the same router as you can you show me the output of this command:
Code:
nvram get x_Setting

Hi @ColinTaylor, sorry to trouble you on an old thread.
If I run this command and get output of 1. What does this means?

If you're having this problem I suggest you try what this person did: http://www.snbforums.com/threads/as...h-no-free-space-left-for-gc.69226/post-652923

Backup your settings, from the GUI do a factory reset with initialise, and then reload your settings.

I thought I had similar issue when I get the following in syslog.
Jan 18 18:04:24 RT-AC86U-DBA8 kernel: [JFFS2 DBG] (1212) jffs2_sum_write_data: Not enough space for summary, padsize = -1206

Somehow I can delete TrafficAnalyzer.db in /jffs.
Everything seems to work. nvram get x_Setting output is 1.
Actually I am a bit lost now. Is there still some hidden problem with an output of 1?

Everything seems to work. nvram get x_Setting output is 1.
Actually I am a bit lost now. Is there still some hidden problem with an output of 1?
The value of 1 is correct for when the router is operating normally. I only asked about it originally for debugging purposes.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!