What's new

RT-AC86U kernel error message

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hawk

Very Senior Member
Nov 23 12:41:58 kernel: nf_conntrack: automatic helper assignment is deprecated and it will be removed soon. Use the iptables CT target to attach helpers instead.

Nov 23 12:45:11 kernel: jffs2: warning: (718) jffs2_sum_write_data: Not enough space for summary, padsize = -49

I am getting these error message on 382.1 Merlin version, does anyone aware of this error message and possible cause.

I am getting this error too on RT-AC86U running Merlin 384.4_beta2

Mar 9 20:10:46 kernel: nf_conntrack: automatic helper assignment is deprecated and it will be removed soon. Use the iptables CT target to attach helpers instead.
Mar 9 20:11:14 kernel: br0: received packet on eth5 with own address as source address

Does anyone know a possible cause of this error? I have fairly simple setup with just VPN running. I did not change anything except setting WiFi, binding one device IP and changing DHCP pool ip start...

Last edited:
Try deleting the traffic.db database generated by Traffic Analyzer - it might have grown too large. I know Asus implemented some size control a year or two ago, but maybe the file still manages to get too large.

I am getting this error too on RT-AC86U running Merlin 384.4_beta2

Mar 9 20:10:46 kernel: nf_conntrack: automatic helper assignment is deprecated and it will be removed soon. Use the iptables CT target to attach helpers instead.
Mar 9 20:11:14 kernel: br0: received packet on eth5 with own address as source address

Does anyone know a possible cause of this error? I have fairly simple setup with just VPN running. I did not change anything except setting WiFi, binding one device IP and changing DHCP pool ip start...
Both of those messages are informational not errors. They are not connected to each other or the warning about jffs in the OP.