What's new

RT-AC86U Lag Spikes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

StavrosWTF

Occasional Visitor
So I know this isn't really specific but I am having problems with the Asus Merlin software lately. It was working well until I updated 2 weeks ago. Since then, I am getting huge lag spikes (999ping) on games every 10 minutes coupled with strange wifi not being responsive in all devices. So the problem shows in every device I have. I checked the system log and the only thing I found was this: kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth6. I don't know if this is related in any way or not. I just wanted to hear your thoughts because this disconnecting is getting unbearable.

I will do a hard reset in a couple of hours and install the latest merlin update and I will update my post accordingly if it gets fixed (highly doubt it).

EDIT: Another thing that I wanted to point out is that almost every time I upload files my download speed tanks from 50mbpps to 5mbpps which is really strange too. Have tried limiting my upload speed to even 70% of my max upload but it hasn't worked.

Last edited:
What version are you on today? What version were you on before upgrading? When was the last time you did a full reset to factory defaults and not upload a saved backup config file to the router to set it up?

What version are you on today? What version were you on before upgrading? When was the last time you did a full reset to factory defaults and not upload a saved backup config file to the router to set it up?
The version I updated to was 386.2_2 and the version before updating was 386.2_0. So here is the strange thing. I did a factory reset and install the asus official firmware and I am not having any problems ever since. I don't really know if this was caused by merlin or something else but it's fixed now. I am hoping one day I can go back to merlin.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!