What's new

RT-AC88u: VPN Passthrough?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

crabjoe

New Around Here
I recently picked up a ASUS RT-AC88U and am having an issue. I'm hoping some knows the proper settings.

I've been using P.I.A VPN for a few years now and never had an issue with my past routers ... Netgear and TP-Link. With my new ASUS AC88U, it doesn't seem to be working...

The VPN client make the VPN connection but it just doesn't work.

I checked the setting on the NAT Passthrough page and everything was set to enabled except PPPOE. I don't understand what I might be missing... The PIS VPN client shows it's connected but it just doesn't work. It seems to resolve the ip address of the name fine, but it just sits at "connecting" xzy website, until it times out.

Anyone know what I need to do to get this to work?

Thanks!

I had this yesterday.
Use the vpn with "policies" so my ps4 only uses it.
Couldnt connect to the internet.
Yet tried the vpn app on the pc and it was working fine.

Saying that the ps4 connection test without the vpn was only measuring 10mbs download and under 1mbs upload.

When i rebooted it measured 49mbs down and 2 mbs up.

tested several times before and after reboot and those were consistent.

could be some issue with the isp or the firmware.

also get ip conflict flashing up on the firmware a lot yet it works.
it does work better when it doesnt flash up with the conflict error.....ps4 online that is.

I had this yesterday.
Use the vpn with "policies" so my ps4 only uses it.
Couldnt connect to the internet.
Yet tried the vpn app on the pc and it was working fine.

Saying that the ps4 connection test without the vpn was only measuring 10mbs download and under 1mbs upload.

When i rebooted it measured 49mbs down and 2 mbs up.

tested several times before and after reboot and those were consistent.

could be some issue with the isp or the firmware.

also get ip conflict flashing up on the firmware a lot yet it works.
it does work better when it doesnt flash up with the conflict error.....ps4 online that is.

Hey there. I was just wondering if by chance you could guide me through how to set up just my ps4 with a vpn. I have the Asus router ac88u and me and my brother have nat type conflictions on cod because of the same ip.