What's new

VPN menu missing on Asus AX11000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mudges

New Around Here
Hi,
I just bought an Asus AX 11000 and have set it up as an access point. I want to use it as an additional router always connected to VPN.
Now I just found out that the VPN menu item is not available. So I cannot setup VPN. I though VPN is a standard functionality for this router.
I have another Asus AX 11000 pro as my main router, this has a VPN setting, but I want to use this as my main router not connected to VPN because of download speed.
Do I do something wrong?

Thanks for the help

Mudges

Hi,
I just bought an Asus AX 11000 and have set it up as an access point. I want to use it as an additional router always connected to VPN.
Now I just found out that the VPN menu item is not available. So I cannot setup VPN. I though VPN is a standard functionality for this router.
I have another Asus AX 11000 pro as my main router, this has a VPN setting, but I want to use this as my main router not connected to VPN because of download speed.
Do I do something wrong?

Thanks for the help

Mudges

VPN is presumably not an AP Mode function.

OE

Hi,
Do I do something wrong?

Thanks for the help

Mudges
Set the second router as a router and double NATed behind the first router. Very simple as long as you don't want to run some type of server on the second double NATed router. A double NAT setup doesn't increase latency by a detectable amount or reduce upload and download speeds.

However you might be able to accomplish what you want by installing Merlin on your existing router if it is available for that model then utilizing the VPN director to specify which clients go WAN and which go VPN.

Do I do something wrong?

Yes, you have set your device as Access Point and expect it to work as Router. Options related to routing are not available in AP mode.