What's new

Solved RT-AX88U crashlog error or being erased immediately

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ripshod

Very Senior Member
I originally posted this in the Merlin forum, however with no responses and the realisation that this may not be specific to the Merlin firmware I'm duplicating here.
=======================

I had my first crash (12 days uptime) with RMerlin's 388.1 on my AX88U and no crashlog to be found. However, shortly after reboot in the system log I see
Code:
May  5 06:05:02 kernel: proc_dostring_crashlogsave:  crash log filename is /jffs/crashlog.log
May  5 06:05:02 kernel: crashLogErase: write 1 blocks  data_offset 131072
So apparently the crashlog is indeed written to jffs but is then immediately deleted. It would make sense if the erase is done first to get rid of an old crashlog, but to delete a current one just doesn't make sense.
Am I really seeing this right?

Another crash today. This time the message is
Code:
May  5 06:05:02 kernel: proc_dostring_crashlogsave:  crash log filename is /jffs/crashlog.log
May  5 06:05:02 kernel: crashFileSet: log signature invalid !
Weird.

I originally posted this in the Merlin forum, however with no responses and the realisation that this may not be specific to the Merlin firmware I'm duplicating here.
=======================

I had my first crash (12 days uptime) with RMerlin's 388.1 on my AX88U and no crashlog to be found. However, shortly after reboot in the system log I see
Code:
May  5 06:05:02 kernel: crashLogErase: write 1 blocks  data_offset 131072
So apparently the crashlog is indeed written to jffs but is then immediately deleted. It would make sense if the erase is done first to get rid of an old crashlog, but to delete a current one just doesn't make sense.
Am I really seeing this right?
Good afternoon friend! I had some of these problems after I started using 388.1, there were times of even deleting internet speed test records. I reverted the firmware to asus estock and I didn't have this problem anymore.

Fixed it.
Totally not what I expected - had a sector fail on the ssd. That's going back under warranty.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!