What's new

RT-AX88U Pro and Toob full fibre

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

D*P

New Around Here
Hello you fine people.

I've been reading a lot of very interesting threads on the forum and you lot seem very knowledgeable!

Here's my conundrum.

Recently had Toob full fibre 900up/900down installed at my property.

Bought 2 new RT-AX88U pros to take advantage of the 2.5 gbps baseT that the ONT has on it they installed (Adtran SDX631q XGS)

I used to have the non pro model and it wasn't getting the 900/900, more like 700/700. so I thought it may be to do with the fact the wan port was only 1G.

When doing a speed test through the router I get 1050 or so download but only 30-40 upload!?

All routers on Asus latest firmware. Not Merlin

What have I done wrong? or what can I do to try and fix this?

I'll try to answer any questions you guys may have.

Thank you!

Try another cable, CAT5e or better, between the ONT and router. Try the router 1 GB WAN port. As you have two new routers, try the other router. You can save a config file from the first router to set up the second router. But I would set the second router up from factory default to avoid and possible issues with the first router config.

Thank you. Tried all of the above.

The new routers only have 2.5gb wan ports.

Seems odd to me the old non pro routers with 1G are a port gets better results!?

The Toob linksys router reports it’s getting 1.1gbps download and 1gbps upload if I plug that in. So it’s definitely the 88U pro not working or configured properly?

Are you doing the speedtest with a wired or wireless client? Have you factory reset the router and done a minimal configuration using the router defaults?

The speedtest is through the Asus router. It’s built into the GUI.

Factory reset both new 88U pros and tried them both as the main router. Both exactly the same result.

1000+down 50 or so up

The speedtest is through the Asus router. It’s built into the GUI.

Factory reset both new 88U pros and tried them both as the main router. Both exactly the same result.

1000+down 50 or so up
Don't try that built in one. Try something else. I've had the odd weird result using that

Don't try that built in one. Try something else. I've had the odd weird result using that
That’s interesting. It is giving odd results. Even using speedtest online through a hard wired Mac if gives roughly what I should be getting 900/900 ish.

Thank you!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!